UK O2 Refresh Prices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rsnapeuk, Sep 15, 2013.

1. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/refreshTariffs/apple/iphone-5s-32gb-gold/

Based on the 32gb - planning to move from orange to O2.

What's people's experience on the refresh packages, essential it gives you two contracts, one for phone, and another for airtime, as soon as you pay off the phone you can upgrade or just pa for your remaining airtime.

2. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I would be tempted back onto contract if the phone packages didn't all include unlimited minutes. A very good deal for those who make a lot of calls, but I don't so it seems that I'd be paying for something that I won't use. Wish there was one with 200-300 mins for £5 less or something. Surely they'd stand to make more out of Refresh with everyone who ran over their minutes if they weren't unlimited.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Sod paying that! I'll stick to paying apple for an unlocked phone and sticking with my nice 30day rolling plan ;)

4. matttye macrumors 601

OpenDNS has decided O2's entire website is a phishing site. :(

5. rsnapeuk thread starter macrumors regular

What does your 30 day plan include and how much?

6. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Well I'm with Three UK and I'm buying unlocked from Apple so £549 upfront then £15 a month for 5000 txts, 2000 3 to 3 mins, 2000 Other network mins, Unlimited internet inc Tethering. This is with their free 4G upgrade promise. This is on a monthly 30 day rolling contract.

7. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Have you used Three UK before? Because when I first got my 4s two years ago I used them for about a month or two, and their Internet was always slow and often had little or no service! It was cheap, but I need service or it's useless so I moved to O2. Getting my 5c next week though and planning to move to giff gaff :).

8. Wilkoquo macrumors newbie

For those who use a lot of internet but not many minutes Three have a good plan. I pay £12.90 per month for 300 mins, unlimited texts & internet. 1GB internet is £9.99 per month.

9. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Been with Three for 3 years now and think they are great. Internet connection is great for me. The only problem I had with them was getting a good signal in my home. I live in an old build house with very thick walls - wifi is horrendous in the house never mind cellular signal. So all I did was call them got in touch with the network team and less than a week I had a "Home Signal" box sent to my house and now my whole family are with Three because the signal is so good. I have never been without signal when I have been out and about and would agree with the vast majority of people that are saying over the last few years they have got monumentally better with both signal and customer service, e.g. that package I got they said I had to take a 12 month contract to get it at £15. I asked for a better deal to stay and they gave me the deal at £15 (should have been £18 for no 12 month contract).

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Same plan as me tho the £15 one plan dosnt officially support tethering. It's £25 inc tethering

11. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I'm with O2 on a rolling simplicity plan. Costs £15 a month. That gets me the best phone signal which is what I'm paying for. Doesn't matter if you have super fast 4g or 10000 minutes a month, if people can't get hold of you all the time then any plan is no good to me. I tried Orange (rubbish), my dad was on three (rubbish). I had Vodaphone for a while which wasn't too bad.

12. hadleigh101 macrumors newbie

Thats exactly what I do works out so much better - not tied into any contracts and flexible (although I haven't found a fault with Three in the last two years but just like the flexibility there if ever want to change)

13. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Mine supports tethering officially. The paperwork that I have detailing my plan and thanking me for staying with Three on renewal specifically states that it does include it.

14. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Lucky! It was terrible for me. I see your location says Glasglow, whereas I'm in London - so I guess maybe they have better coverage where you are than in London :confused:. Or maybe I was just unlucky :p.

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Ahh like mine. Did you drop from a yearly plan.

I called to cancel a 12 month contract to drop to the £25 one plan and before I said anything they offered the £25 at £15. Can't honestly fault three. They have certainly changed there ways!!

16. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Yeah very similar, at the end of my 24 month contract and said I wasn't getting tied in again, not that there was a problem staying with them but having flexibility to do what I want when I want appealed to me more.