UK PAYG iPhone 3G £399? No extra charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk8mash, Nov 23, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

If I walked into O2 and bought a 16GB PAYG iPhone, would it cost me £399? No extra charges?

Thanks for any replies!

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

You might need to top up by £10 a month to keep your free 'The Cloud' WiFi, but if you just want the phone to put an O2 contract sim in you would be fine (except for paying for the contract...)

3. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Well I want to buy the PAYG phone for £399 and then sell it. Would that work?

4. st1ngo macrumors member

Sell to who ?
    ebay it for profit ?
    I doubt it worthwhile now
    PAYG iphones are easily obtainable so is it worth it ?
    But in answer to your question .... no extra charges apart from contract or payg top up

5. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

6. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I know all these things about it being locked to O2 and all that, but I have advertised it for £470 and someone has offered to pay that.

So to be sure, if I bought the PAYG phone, i wouldn't be forced to top up a certain amount?

7. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I am pretty sure no, I toyed with the idea of buying one to slip my O2 sim into. The whole point of PAYG is there is nothing else to pay.

I have also heard if you register it on the sim, then on the 'The Cloud' WiFi, it will work for free on 'The Cloud' for 12 months based on it's IP address and not the contract, nothing else to be paid. I might be wrong though...

8. john316 macrumors member

Who the hell is stupid enough to spend more 2nd hand on a phone than a new one that you could buy tomorrow? :confused:

9. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I know. But some people are. Dont worry, im not stupid enough to buy the phone until I have the money in my hand.

Thanks for all the replies.

10. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Someone who doesn't live in the UK? Or someone, as you say, stupid...

11. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Exactly. Im looking to sell to people abroad. Obviously insured, tracked and signed for postage. :)

12. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I have an O2 prepay iphone and NO you dont need to keep topping it up to keep the free internet and free wifi at the cloud.

Im still using my contract phone for the last 2 months and use the iphone purely for internet at the moment till the contract runs out. I havent topped up except for the initial £10 which is now at £9.90, as it has been for 2 months and i still get free internet.

However... i was using the o2 sim in my other phone for a while and used my 3uk sim with a 'yessim' in the iphone and o2 txt my phone saying if i did not put it back in the iphone then they would cancel my free internet.

13. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

As long as you sell it exactly as described to you, then there will be no problem. The new owner will jailbreak it and do what they want right away.

14. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Yep, im a good eBayer. I hate it when people incorrectly describe items!