UK Regent Street stock level

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Sep 19, 2012.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Thinking of buying my iPhone 5 offline from Regent Street for the first time. Can I ask for people who have done this before what their experiences have been?

Would queuing up say 2-3 hours before the store opens be good enough? Will it likely sell out or is there usually stock left over by the end of the day? Past experience would be great :)

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I've never been to a 'huge' store product launch, but from my experiences at birminghams bullring store, you need to plan to be queueing all day if you plan to queue 2-3 hours before opening. I'm pretty sure there will already be quite a queue there, so be prepared.

3. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

2-3 hours in Central London - no chance lol. I believe peeps started queueing up like a week ago - one can only imagine how big the queue will be on the actual day.

That said, you may be able to get A iPhone 5 but it may not be the capacity you want. I guess the 16gbs will be in the highest demand due to the price point, then the 32...

4. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

We're talking the flagship store in the UK, surely they'll have thousands in stock

5. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

but thousands of people after iPhone 5's...

6. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Good luck!

7. Kelcoshows macrumors newbie

I queued at the Regent Street store for the iPad 3 on launch day. Got there about an hour before opening and queued for about 2 hours (was told 3 hours at first). The good thing was that when you got to the end of the queue there was apple staff asking what colour and size you were after and then giving you a voucher so you knew you were going to get one. Bad thing was you were clapped into the store and clapped out the store!

I'm guessing an iPhone launch might be busier. But if everyone thinks that then maybe not...

Good luck!

8. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info!

Anyone get the iPhone 4 on launch day at regent street?

9. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yeah that happened at the store in Bath when I queued for the IPad 3. Apple staff went down the queue with a box of vouchers asking what colour and model you wanted. That way, people weren't queuing for a model that would have been out of stock by the time they reached the front of the line.
    The clapping is a little embarrassing :(

10. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I don't think that Regent Street has ever sold out on opening day, though certain color/size combinations may sell out. 16GB should easily last all day, or at least it has in the past.