UK Shortages of Macbooks? Ships SAME DAY!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harry.yrraH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Harry.yrraH macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I dont know if this is mentioned already but overnight it seems that Apple UK store has become short of macbooks or something?

Now all macbooks and mbp's are shipping SAME DAY. This is weird. No product on apple store has ever shipped same day? Are they clearing stock or something?

Lets hope this is a sign..
    :eek:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTAyNTQzMzk

Edit:
    After looking at the rest of the store (sorry i know i should have done that first!) I find that almost all mac range is now shipping the same day bar the 27inch iMac. This is strange though because its never happened before. Maybe apple have somehow cut the process or something?

Sorry guys.

2. moel macrumors 6502

I'm confused....i'm asking a chat person, but what did it say previously?

Edit : she said it means it would arrive 5-7 working days after it has been shipped.

But you do make an interesting point, previously it had said ships : within 24 hours

and now it says ships :same day

3. Harry.yrraH thread starter macrumors newbie

Most were 24 hours or longer. Never been same day...its not even Same Day in the US store!

4. moel macrumors 6502

in which case i'd be inclined to say it's probably a bit of subtle marketing NLP

you are more like to buy if told it'll come today, rather than a semi specified time frame. i.e 'within 24 hours'

Probably trying to flush out the line one last time before having to drop the price and bang em on sale.

5. moel macrumors 6502

They are clearly dicking around with the store....the 3 boxes are 1 box down.

A history of smoking green, tells my spidey paranoia sense, that that is the box where they would put NEW MBP's

on this page

http://store.apple.com/uk?mco=MTM3NDgyODQ

6. Harry.yrraH thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes they are clearly doing something but its a Thursday...they never update anything on a Thursday? Its normally just Tuesdays or Fridays.

7. moel macrumors 6502

Yeah i'm not saying get your hopes up...just that something might/must be happening

8. VaderMonkey macrumors newbie

All it is is the graphic for the iPod touch hasn't loaded so the other two boxes have moved over to the left. Next to the first image you can see the small blue square with a question mark in it.

Panic over. :)

9. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

it might ship the same day, but you probably won't get it until a few days after..

but yes, i've never seen this before.. it's usually "within 24 hours"...

good spot :)

10. johnalan macrumors regular

It's that same day thing in the Irish store also

11. mesq macrumors member

12. der Sam macrumors newbie

um, it's back to shipping within 24 hours. weird.

13. Harry.yrraH thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok that is weird...

I have a screenshot anyway but still..why on earth would they do that for just a few hours?

Testing out the update ready for the new mbp's? :p lol ok just wishful thinking now.

I do wonder why they are playing around with the site on a thursday though. strange.

Maybe tomorrow! lol