[UK] St Davids 2, Cardiff

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by antdawe, Sep 15, 2012.

1. antdawe macrumors regular

So, who's going to be queuing at the cardiff store then?

Does anyone have any launch experience here? where to park? time to set out in the wee hours?

Join in the fun guys not long to wait now.

2. Maxumo macrumors newbie

I might well be joining the queue - you can park in SD2 no problem

Might get there for 6:30/7:00

Although Comet/PC World Megastore on Newport Rd has a mini Apple store so I'm goin to ring them to see if they're getting on iP5's on launch day!

What are your plans?

3. antdawe thread starter macrumors regular

I phoned apple store cardiff yesterday and the chap stated he arrived at 6am for the iphone 4 launch and there were already about 50 people in the queue. He confirmed the queue is at the John Lewis end.

I live in merthyr so took a sunday shopping day yesterday to see where exactly the main john lewis doors were.

The main centre car park is 24hours but which lifts do you take to exit through which end of the centre as obviously it will be closed at that time of morning.

Im thinking, backpack, iPad, maybe a breakfast sandwich, flask of tea and some fruit.

got to be prepared.

4. Maxumo macrumors newbie

I may get there for 05:30 after all the demand!

If you park in the 24 hour carpark and get the lift the upper shopping level that should be open they have 24hour security and I'm sure they'll accommodate for Apple as they bring in so much business

5. antdawe thread starter macrumors regular

I dont want to be a pleb thinking im first in line standing at the wrong place.

The apple chap said queue will be by the John Lewis Doors. Im right in thinking these are the big glass ones by boots and underneath the glass tunnel that links john lewis and SD2?

05:30 is same for me now i think.

What network are you on? or going to?

6. Maxumo macrumors newbie

Yep they're the doors - didn't realise we'd have to queue outdoors, i'll make sure to take my coat

If you park in the 24 hour carpark then get the lift to lower shopping level as I beleive there is a direct route to the outside or there is a loading bay outside Sports Cafe formally Hooters

7. joel1993 macrumors newbie

Me and a friend are going out for a few drinks tonight and are going to start queuing at about 1ish, early i know, but being a bit tipsy might pass the time.. we will be the two sitting on camping chairs near/at the front :)