UK Upgrade Due - What Shoulc I Do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rookie1986, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

Well I'm officially out of contract from T-Mobile as of this week. I haven't really been following the mobile phone world over the last 24 months because I've been more than happy with my iPhone 4 but now with the chance to "upgrade" or sign in to a new fresh contract I'm unsure what I should do......

I've seen a lot of talk about the new iPhone floating about but since nothing is set in stone and with the release date not even confirmed (T-Mobile rep said 5-6 months) would I be best waiting it out for the new iPhone or should I start investigating the competition (Samsung Galaxy S3)?

Rookie

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I was in your position just before the 4S came out. I decided to wait for the new iPhone, hoping to convince Orange that I should get a discount in order for them to keep me as a customer. Well, they didn't offer me a thing ('we don't do discounts for the iPhone'), but I do not regret my choice of buying a 4S. Before I had my first iPhone (3GS), I had a Samsung clam shell that survived drops, water damage etc. and just kept working. I've looked at some of Samsung's offering since, but honestly I just don't like the looks of Android. Just an opinion...

4. toondw macrumors 6502

Just leave your contract as is for now. iPhone 5 out in 3 months or so, surely you can wait if you want to stay with iPhone? You will regret I'm sure going for a new deal now then being stuck with it for 2 years or whatever you sign up too.

Chill with the knowledge you could end it anytime now! The advantage waiting is when the new iPhone is released you can compare all carriers.

5. toondw macrumors 6502

As for iPhone 4s, if you have a iPhone 4 your nuts for upgrading now, it's really not much of a upgrade.

6. toondw macrumors 6502

And thirdly, I have gone to android.....jelly bean on the nexus, nice, and I see why people would go android.......but as soon as the iPhone 5 comes out with a bigger screen (I hope) I will jump aboard. I love iOS and the apps. but the screen on the current iPhones are just too small for me now.

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You can save a bit of money while you are waiting for the new iPhone by swapping to a 30 day Sim only tariff.

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Definitely wait for the iPhone 5. It should be around in the next 2-3 months. It'll be worth the wait.

He didn't mention anything about the iPhone 4S? And that's a load of rubbish. Siri, A5 chip, 8 megapixel camera, 1080p video recording, much faster - how is that not really an upgrade? Or are you just one of those people who only count it as an upgrade if the form factor has changed?