Uk users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adam-Jobs, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

Hello gentlemen. I'm looking to switch to a sim only and came across this. It's on tmobile. It's £15quid a month. A nano sim, with unlimited calls texts and Internet. Thought I'd share it with you guys. Usually when something's too good to be true it usually is..... So I'm waiting to find out the downfall of this deal.... Likely something to do with the Internet. What are your experiences with tmobile?

http://www.chitterchatter.co.uk/aff/simonly.php

2. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Note that doesnt include Tethering? not sure if you tether but i know i sure do!

O2 have a good deal called On & On

On & On tariff sim only
    Simplicity Minutes Texts Data Contract length Want more?
    £20.00 Unlimited Unlimited 1GB 12 months Make it 2GB for an extra £5 a month Buy now

On & On tariff Prices depend on the new phone you choose
    Monthly cost Minutes Texts Data Contract length Want more?
    £26.00 Unlimited Unlimited 1GB 24 months Make it 2GB for an extra £5 a month Buy now
    £31.00
    £36.00
    £41.00

3. Adam-Jobs thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on an old O2 simplicity sim at the moment with unlimited data which they don't seem to do anymore. I've ordered the nano sim from tmobile. I'm questioning whether to cancel the O2 one now. Had it for years.

4. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

O2's unlimited was always 1GB until Ofcom told them to state to customers exactly how much they have!

i have been on O2 for around 6 years and i have never had a problem with Signal, Customer Service so no reason for me to move!

5. Adam-Jobs thread starter macrumors regular

Ah I see! So unlimited isn't truly unlimited, I've been conned! Lol. With regards to the future, LTE. Which would be the better bet? O2 or tmobile? I noticed they had O2 on screen at the keynote.

6. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

I think O2 are looking to do it next year (2013) isn't T-Mobile and orange joining forces and creating EE which will offer unlimited 4G (LTE) in the UK.

i will still stick with O2, they play it smart, let everyone rush out with it and make mistakes then sweep up after them next year!

I'm not sure if when T-Mobile say unlimited they mean unlimited i was just giving you an example from O2.

7. Adam-Jobs thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help sir! I may cancel the tmobile one. For 15quid though it is a pretty good deal. Im sure a few on here will take advantage of it. Now to get my nano sim from O2!

8. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

No problems! im not O2 are the Daddy's on Mobile Network but they work for me! and to pay an extra 5quid a month isnt much! Hope all goes well! i will cutting my current Micro SIM down as im currently in NZ and wont be able to get a O2 Nano SIM

----------

Unless i can find someone who can pick one up for me and send it :(

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'm with o2 and have 500mb a month data. I used to think that was ok but now using iTunes match and Apple maps I need Unlimited so i'm not restricted.

o2 3G is pants where I am :(