iPad UK - Where is cheapest iPad Air 2 16gb Gold?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Muscleflex, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

Hi all - good morning.
    Santa had asked me for help and buy a new iPad for my son for Christmas.
    Are there any deals going on before xmas?
    Santa had already sent my son a letter telling him Santa will try and get the iPad for him under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve... so unfortunately I can't really wait for the Christmas sales to happen on Boxing Day.

Thanks

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

3. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha thanks for that... if only they had a store in the UK! :)

4. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Buying and selling 16 GB Apple products is a crime.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Not to derail, but I still have 8gb of usable space on my 16gb iphone and ipad. At most, I will use another gig.

6. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd have preferred a 32gb model seeing as my son's present ipad 3 is 32gb but don't really want to spend too much so 16gb is the cheapest and that's what we'll be going for :(

7. wizardofoz85 macrumors newbie

I just bought a 64gb one this morning off Rakuten (used to be Play). Use the voucher code that's on until tomorrow I think to get £50 off a purchase over £350 and the Gold 16gb model comes to £310.
    The 64gb ended up being £390 which isn't too shabby considering the 32gb Nexus 9 is on Amazon for £360 at the moment.

Plus you can get some money back (3.5%) if you use Topcashback/quidco. If you're not on topcashback here's my referral link (disclaimer: I do get some a bonus for referring you if you go through my link and join)

Basically you search for Rakuten on Topcashback and go through their link; which should track your purchase and show up with the cutback in your account

Here's the link to the iPad on Rakuten

and the voucher code is: SPEND350 which would drop it down to £310 and then you'll get about £10 back from Topcashback.

looking at Amazon it's about £345 there.

8. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thank you very very much for that. I'll go have a look!
    Thank you! :)
    Merry Christmas!

9. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

Is Rakuten safe and reliable? I had a quick look last night and it's a different seller offering the ipads and not play/rakuten themselves..

10. wizardofoz85 macrumors newbie

Rakuten used to be play.com. I think they were bought out a year or two ago.

I've used them a few times and had no issues; it's basically Amazon Marketplace now, with Rakuten not actually selling anything themselves but being a portal for other resellers.