UKers-does that T-Mobile 500mb/month for £10 one-off payment...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yegon, Dec 27, 2011.

1. yegon macrumors 68020

...via an iPhone 4 pay as you go sim still work okay with the iPad? Had one a long time ago, worked great with low usage, but have mislaid it (12 months would nearly up on it now anyway) and wouldn't mind getting another.

2. Sirolway macrumors 6502

Three Mobile give you 1GB for £10. Just stroll into a shop & pick one up.
    I thin they technically call it a 1month rolling contract, but you can cancel at any time...

3. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

No no, that's unrelated. It's a deal targeted at the iPhone, you pay a ONE OFF fee of £10, it's a pay as you go sim, but part of the deal is you get 12 months of "free" internet, max 500mb a month. Had one for a while, just bunged it in my iPad, used it for six months, cost me £10 TOTAL, but only 500mb available a month. Didn't use much data back then, it was great.

Since then, I went on the £15, 10gb/month 3(Three) deal to use with Sky Go, but I haven't used it enough lately. Would like to go back to the deal described above, fine for light browsing and email, and soooo cheap.

Load of people on here used and recommended it. Here's the deal, my only question is if still works;

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/i-phone-4-micro-sim-payg/voice-reward/extras/

4. borisiii macrumors 6502

I bought mine in September and it still works. £5 for the sim plus a £10 top up. Not sure if you can still do it, but I imagine you probably can.

5. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

6. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

Get a iPhone on 3 and then just hot spot for unlimited data on the one plan

7. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Still got 6 months of my o2 contract left, so that's a no-no. It's my last contract ever - unlocked iPhone 5 max capacity straight off the Apple store for me next time. As you say, the 3 iphone deals are great.

In case this thread needs further clarification....the method I've described costs £10 for THE WHOLE YEAR, that's 83 pence a month for 500mb/month. Fantastic for me, 500mb is easily enough for *my* usage, just means no streaming which I can live with - far prefer to watch hd mkv's stored locally anyway.

8. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah i'm sure it still works as I have seen the deal posted on sites such as HotUKDeals not long ago and people were saying on there that it worked.

Agreed I hate contracts. I used to have 12/18 month contracts with my other phones but when I first got a 3GS I bought it outright from the Apple store and got a rolling 1 month sim only contract and had it ever since. Started out with O2 but then moved to Three as for £25 a month I get 2000 minutes, unlimited texts & unlimited data plus I can use the iPhone's Personal Hotspot feature to tether to my Wifi only iPad on Three, O2 were wanting to charge extra for that and I can cancel it whenever I want if a better deal comes along.

9. aoaaron macrumors 6502

i clicked on that link and it mentions no where about free 500mb/month 3G :S

edit: checked site again, sorry but it has bolded not for ipad. so it still works? they just say it doesnt?

10. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

It definitely works, I've used it for every 12 months over two different sim cards. They say iPhone only because they expressly DON"T want you using it like I do, but there's clearly no way of them detecting what you are upto.

I just put it into my iPad and, et voila, it worked. However, some seem to suggest you need to put the sim into an unlocked (or already T-Mobile) iPhone when you first register it. I didn't do this in January when I got mine, but some claim you have to do this. You have been warned. Have you got access to an unlocked iPhone of some description just to activate it?