Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine is on deck......

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by raqball, May 10, 2019.

1. raqball macrumors 68000

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/rudy-giuliani-plans-ukraine-trip-to-urge-investigation-into-democrats/

President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani is planning a trip to Ukraine in an attempt to encourage the country to investigate actions in the country leading up to the 2016 presidential election, a report said Thursday.

Giuliani told The New York Times that he is going to Kiev to meet with Ukraine’s president-elect and urge him to continue a probe into whether Democrats worked with Ukrainian officials to interfere in the election on behalf of Hillary Clinton.

The former mayor also wants the country to find information about Joe Biden’s son Hunter and a Ukrainian oligarch.

Interesting.. While I do agree Clinton is old news many on the left have claimed Russia, Russia, Russia was merely an investigation into a foreign nation interfering with our elections and was not politically motivated. If what they say is true then this should be welcomed with open arms.....

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

democrats don't care because they only want the other side to be held accountable.............. but but but she lost so it's ok to just let it go no matter what she tried.................

3. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I don't have a problem with the spirit of this, but....

What happened to not wasting taxpayer money on witch hunts according to Trump and the GOP?

How much taxpayer money is in Trump's spite bucket? It feels like he would have blown through it all by now. How much are those pointless echo chamber rallies costing us?

This guy just needs to be gone. Too much time and money being spent entirely on his ego.

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Here is the problem, Giuliani is a lying partisan hack, who wants everyone to believe Hillary is the crook while simultaneously protecting his LYING CROOK of a boss. Avert your eyes, the crook is over there, not here!!

Now it the man said he wanted to hammer both Trump and Hillary, he might have a shred of dignity and credibility, but he is just another henchman lapdog who wants to be in a position of influence with His Supreme Crookedness. This is while his crooked AG is actively trying to shred the report that was done on Russia and led to the Trump Campaign and Whitehouse. :mad:

How stupid are we?

5. samcraig macrumors P6

6. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

So you don't care if Ukraine interfered in the election? Why does it only matter if Russia did?

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Convince me that Trump supporters ever cared about Russian interference. Or that they even care now.

8. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

I could say the same about (D) not really caring, especially if they have issue with this, and that their only concerns were politically motivated....

I hight doubt hardcore Trump supporters cared and some may have even welcomed interference if it got their guy to win... I am not arguing that all....

9. pl1984 macrumors 68020

I did. While I didn't feel there was any basis for the collusion narrative I was fine with allowing the special counsel to conduct their investigation. I still care about it but not when it comes to President Trump as the special counsels findings were clear: There was no collusion. Time to move on from it.

10. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Here is my issue with this...

The whole thing boiled down to one of ours working with a foreign nation regarding elections. Yes, they say he is going to talk to them about 2016, however, the 2020 election scene is starting to kick up, and once again, you have one of Trump's people going to work with a foreign nation regarding elections.

You honestly think if Guiliani was over there and they said, "Hey, we have nothing on Clinton, but that Beto guy, look at all this...." That Rudy is not going to grasp onto that with all his might?

11. pl1984 macrumors 68020

Amazing how the Democrats are so willing to convict others for things they themselves would do. What you just wrote has no basis in fact. I wouldn't even call it supposition.

12. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Um, I'm an independent thank you very much, and yes, it was a supposition on my part. But, knowing Guilliani's character, is it that far off?

Also, what I am talking about it optics. Whether something happens or not, the optics are bad.

The investigation was about Trumps people working with a foreign power during an election period.

This Ukraine business would be one of Trumps people working with a foreign power during an election period.

13. pl1984 macrumors 68020

Which makes it meaningless.

14. linuxcooldude, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Its not that I don't care, it's because I think using government agencies to spy on the opposition is a much bigger threat from within.

Not only that, when Democrats don't care if they get oppo research from both Ukraine & Russia tells me they never really cared in the first place.

15. VictorTango777, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019

VictorTango777 macrumors 6502

Why would Ukraine want to help Trump administration since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 and continues to take provocative actions in Ukraine, while Trump keeps acting subservient to Putin? Has the Ukrainian government been replaced with Russia supporters?

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Don’t try to project what I am thinking, read what I said.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

They are both crooks

18. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Ok then here is the thing:

• Hillary was already investigated by Congress and found nothing.
    • Trump was investigated and found lots.
    • Right now there is a conspiracy to protect Trump in the Justice Dept. That would be Barr and Trump.
    • You already have grounds to take action against Trump, yet you and others like you in this forum spend all your time defending Trump while screaming LOCK HER UP!
    • Giuliani is just as big a liar as Trump. He has ZERO integrity. These guys are trying to play their version of Game of Thrones.
    So if you want to investigate Hillary again fine, but can we all admit, equal justice is not the program with the Trump minions, the GOP, and the Trump supporters in this forum? I don't think We can. The goal is promoting the Head Crook, so you can just stop pretending your are neutral or fair and want to see equal justice. This is just a partisan exercise coming from your side of the forum.

19. linuxcooldude, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Lisa Page testified that Obama DOJ told FBI Not to charge Hilary Clinton before investigation was complete.

Barr did his job to the letter of the law while the Obama DOJ obstructed Justice themselves in Hilary Clinton case by interfering with the FBI investigation. As well as the State Department trying to bribe the FBI to downgrade Hillary's emails in exchange for lucrative FBI positions.

Going to be VERY interesting once the Barr investigations get released, from leaks to spying to covering up Hilary. Corruption of the Obama administration is going in the history books as the most corrupt government in Americas history.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

For Clinton, give something more specific, did the DOJ want to prosecute her? And if you believe, they did, you should also support hammering Trump for obstruction, but you don’t. Very curious, but not really because the protect Trump agenda has been laid bare. If you are neutral, you from your perspective would have to be for prosecuting both of them, but you are not. See how this works?

Your Barr description is total BS. He has tried to steer public opinion for Trump since taking his job, by mischaracterizing Mueller’s report. He is NOT the President’s private lawyer. Much worse he is the top DOJ official whose job is to represent the American People, not shield high level crooks like Supreme Leader.

21. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Its obvious they didn't and that was before the FBI was even finished with their investigation. Lynch didn't recuse herself in the case, telling Comey to say Clinton investigation was a "Matter", Meeting with Bill on the tarmac. Telling Comey not to charge her.

Thats your opinion, not mine.

He already has a private lawyer, Giuliani, among others.

22. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

So what? I’m telling you how Barr is acting. He is part of Team Trump, not the AG of the US. Trump has done an excellent job of corrupting everything he touches, look at his frick’n Cabinet.

23. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Only because he didn't come to the same results that you wanted.

24. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I view politics as a tennis match.

Now that the Democrats lost the serve, the Republicans will take the offense.

Give it some time and it will switch back again.

As far as Russia meddling, they might have been bad but I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as I think that China meddling will be in 2020.

I believe that China really wants to get rid of Trump so they can start trading like they used to without the intellectual property demands we are pressing.

25. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Ok, the results I wanted were him not misrepresenting the report, my bad. :rolleyes::oops: