Ultra Fussy Over Album Art Now...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BergerFan, Nov 14, 2008.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Ever since I've had an iPod touch(November '07), or an iPhone (February '08), I've become a little bit obsessed with the album arts on them.
    I have to make sure I find all the album or single art and hate to see a song without any art at all.
    I guess the big screen and Cover flow has a lot to do with it, because I was never bothered with album arts with my previous 5th-gen iPod Video.

I find myself searching Discogs all the time, and ensuring that they're fully square, etc... lol. :confused::D:confused:

2. Vald macrumors newbie

i don't understand.
    is that a problem or..? :confused:
    first step is accepting the problem :D

3. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Same thing here!

Although my obsession began with my old 5th generation iPod. The first iPod with video :)

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Hhhhmmm...
    How come you don't have all of your music artwork?
    Don't you buy the songs off Itunes??? :eek:

5. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Well, I had very old music in my computer that didn't have album artwork for some reason. I don't know if iTunes had an option to get the artwork back during it's first days of existence. I remember ripping a few CD's in iTunes and it didn't retrieve the artwork.

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm trying to get all of my artwork lined up on videos. But iTunes has been very annoying when I try to change a whole season of a TV show. It has locked up on all but one of them. Ick.

I do hate some older CDs I have that it's near impossible to find artwork for, especially collections of older artists from like the 70s and before. Then of course there are the extremely independent albums that are impossible unless you just scan 'em in.

It's a neverending battle, right up there with song lyrics.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I too have become obsessive about importing album art. It just makes no sense to have that fugly music note picture on such as beautiful phone. And I'm not one to bemoan aesthetics, I don't even know what a light leak or an uneven bevel is.

I wish iTunes had some way to automatically import album art. Or, someone produce an app for this.

9. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Hey OP, I'm the same as you.
    Ever since I got my iPhone, I've been obsessed with my album artwork too.
    I hate seeing no album covers, double albums, or album pictures of different sizes.
    It really bothers me!

10. D.M.S macrumors member

[​IMG]

*blank look*

11. D.M.S macrumors member

oh my gripe with album art is low res stuff thats all fuzzy when im using full screen cover flow.

12. minicoop503 macrumors regular

13. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

If you ever have an album without any art, just right click one of the songs in the album (or the single) and select "Get Album Art".

If iTunes sells that album, then it will freely attach high-res. album art to all the songs in that album.

14. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I have most of the artwork for my music, but have it turned off on my iPod because I want all the space I can get for music and movies.

Albeit, there's a lot of music I end up making my own covers since it's so austere iTunes or Google doesn't have it.