Ultrasn0w causes MMS and voicemail to quit working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newtoiphonesdk, Nov 10, 2010.

1. newtoiphonesdk macrumors 6502a

I jailbroke my iOS 4.1 iPhone 4 with limera1n, and installed ultrasn0w. Ever since I installed ultrasn0w, MMS and Voicemail haven't worked right. I have the 01.59.00 Baseband. Is there a fix for this?

2. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I had those same problems except for the picture messaging with LimeRa1n. I wouldn't get my voicemails until I did a hard reset on my iPhone.

I then restored and jailbroke my iPhone with Pwnage and haven't been having any problems since.

4. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. What do I need to do this? Do I need to download another 4.1 ipsw and will that upgrade my baseband?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Are you talking about using Pwnage Tool? If you don't have a Mac, there is also GreenPois0n.

6. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a Mac and found pwnage tool 4.1. I guess what I am needing is a link for where to download the 4.1 firmware that pwnage tool uses. And this will preserve my baseband without having to use tiny umbrella like I did with limera1n?

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

8. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, so with my already jb phone on 4.1, download a 4.1 firmware from iclarified.com, download pwnagetool 4.1, then plug in my phone run pwnagetool, follow the instructions and i will be jb with pwnage and still have 01.59.00 and can install ultrasn0w and be set?

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, pwnage will create a custom JB ipsw for you that will not update your current baseband.
    Make sure you restore to this IPSW created with pwnage and not the official one by accident.

10. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks for all the help with this. One last thing. When I have finished it and iTunes asks to setup as new phone or as a backup, which am i supposed to do, or does it matter?

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It doesnt really matter but I always like to setup as new so no bugs or anything gets carried over to the new install.

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I've had this problem twice with Ultrasn0w. Only a hard reset of the phone would get voicemail to start working again, although MMS was working just fine. I may do what's suggested in this thread and use Pwnage Tool the next time to avoid this problem.

13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What AppleJuiced said.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats right, Greeks agree:D

15. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

lol:apple: