Umm? Cancelled order but phone shipped

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badstiles, Oct 9, 2012.

1. badstiles macrumors newbie

I know that there have been other threads on here about this, but I'm not sure what to do in my situation. Here's a recap of my iPhone 5 experience.

-September 14, preordered iPhone through AT&T Premier. Phone would not ship for 3-4 weeks.
    -September 21, cancelled preorder. Called AT&T rep to ensure that my eligibility to upgrade would revert back to normal. Rep said she fixed it and I went to store to purchase phone. Systems did not show that I was available for an upgrade, even though there was a record on my account that I had cancelled the preorder. Store rep told me to come back after 24 hours and they could work something else out. I called back the next day and all phones were sold out.
    -For the next 10 days I checked my upgrade eligibility each day while also calling dozens of stores for availability. None had any and my eligibility never changed.
    -Called AT&T again and a nice rep fixed my problem within a minute (previous rep I had called took twenty minutes and didn't even fix the problem)
    -October 5, I ordered a phone on Apple's website this time with an estimated ship date of November 1. Charge pending on my account.
    -October 8, receive an email stating that my AT&T Premier order has been shipped. In the initial email I was told that I would be charged for my order before the phone shipped. No charge has appeared in my account.
    -October 9, phone delivered, I activated it and am now using it. Cancelled my order with Apple and now have a phone that I haven't paid for.

As I said the phone has been activated and is already integrated into my account. I'm not exactly sure what I should do at this point. I wasn't going to NOT activate the phone, especially after all the problems I went through with AT&T Premier's systems. As I said, I did cancel the Apple order, so I won't be receiving another iPhone 5.

What exactly should I do about this now? I am more than willing to pay the $200 for the phone, but I don't want to have to return the phone, reactivate my 4, and wait another month for a new iPhone 5. Also I live at a dorm and have no quick access to an AT&T store, so I can't just visit the store whenever I want.

2. Demonface macrumors 6502a

You can probably try to sell the phone at full price and when you get the money you then pay for it . You can also sell it at the price of 200.00 and then pay att for it .

3. waltercln macrumors regular

Usually they will charge you a couple days later. If not, enjoy it.

4. PeezySC macrumors newbie

For what it's worth, Back when the 4s came out I preordered it through premier. I received my phone on launch day, but att didn't charge me until almost 6 weeks later. Even though you cancelled the order, I feel sure you will eventually get charged for it since the phone shipped anyway.

5. badstiles thread starter macrumors newbie

@Peezy, did you cancel your order though? Because I can even go on AT&T and I'm still eligible for an upgrade, even though it says right there that I have an iPhone 5 on my line. Like I said, I don't have a problem paying for the phone, but I also don't want to leave money in my account for months just waiting for a charge.