Umm, there's no way to retain unlimited data on Verizon's website

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s54, Sep 20, 2013.

1. s54 macrumors regular

I logged into my account at VerizonWireless.com. I chose the Silver iPhone 5S 16 GB. It gives me the option to purchase it at $649 and month-to-month.

However, on the next screen, it only allows me to choose from the new plans. There's no way to continue without selecting a capped data plan!

Anyone else see this?

----------

I'm being offered the following:

UNLIMITED + 10GB
    $100.00/MONTH

Among many others. I did NOT see this for the 5C all this week. What is going on? Did this literally just change?

2. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Just buy it, Verizon knows the rules they will revert your plan back once you call. I have done this many times.

3. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

This is not making any sense whatsoever.

Even when I configure a plan with a 2-year contract renewal on Verizon, Apple's site shows completely different plans. How is this possible?

Something is definitely wrong here.

4. christof macrumors 6502

From the My Verizon account management home screen , in the left sidebar, click Upgrade Device.

Select the line you want to upgrade.

When you see the iPhone you want to buy, click the name of the iPhone, not Add To Cart.

At the iPhone device page, select the radio button for Month-To-Month, then click Add To Cart.

Complete the purchase process.

Good luck.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

AT&T site did something similar, so I just went to Apple.com & zipped through likety split.

6. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

This does NOT work. Try it and see for yourself.

Maybe it worked. But it no longer works.

After selecting the upgrade device and clicking continue, the next screen only displays the option to do 2 year contract OR edge plan.

7. christof macrumors 6502

I'm sorry. That's what I was able to do early this morning. Maybe try calling Verizon. I haven't seen any posts regarding anyone able to buy iPhone full price at Apple Retail stores. Good luck.

8. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

Right, you are almost there. You need to click on the link to the phone detail page, THEN you will get the month - to - month option. THEN you can click through and it should keep your unlimited. This worked for me this morning.

9. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I forgot who posted this, but this is exactly the problem I had until someone came in and told me what to do. Kudos to whoever said this, you saved me a million ways.

Ordering Verizon iPhone without contract:

When I did mine, I logged into my Verizon, then on my main account page, I selected "Manage Device" for the phone I was changing. Then I selected "Upgrade" device, navigated to the 5S Month to Month price and added it to the cart. If you do that, you SHOULD then be asked if you want to keep the SIM, then the next screen says "keep existing plan". Follow the rest of the way thru and you should be good.

This should fix things. Go through the main account page in "manage devices". I got my 32GB gold that way.

10. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, thanks! It finally worked!

Jesus Christ! They made is soooooo incredibly confusing and difficult to keep the existing unlimited data plan. It's almost like they're doing everything they can to not let you do that!

There are 10 different links with "upgrade device" on the Verizon website. Sure enough, only one very particular way of "upgrading" allows you to keep the unlimited plan.

This is ridiculous.

11. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Yes. This is clearly an effort by Verizon to drive people away from unlimited data. I realize that is their business model but if I am paying full retail for the phone, I would like the ordering process to be clearer. I went through the site many times over and the process changed 3 times between 8pm yesterday and the 3am EDT order opening.

12. s54 thread starter macrumors regular

Can one go into an Apple store and keep unlimited or is this currently not possible?

13. PacificBeach macrumors regular

I can't even find the month to month plan that allows u to keep unlimited data.............. Did VZW end the plan!!!!??? What is the official name of the month to month plan on VZW that allows u to keep unlimited data.
    Called the VZW reps and they were clueless.