UN hails Iran nuclear agreement

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it's not a deal that covers uranium enrichment but still, it seems like progress. Maybe a little bit of sanity is reappearing on both sides in the Iranian nuclear situation?

The BBC is reporting;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6897255.stm

2. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Great, but do they still view Oliver Stone as a minion of the Great Satan?

3. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I find this entire Iran-Nuclear Weapons situation to completely lack clarity.

The countries I know who have nuclear capability: India, China, Israel, Pakistan, UK, France, US, Russia (and former USSR countries), Germany. I think that mutual defense treaties expend that even further.

Fact is, US is not really too keen on enemies, or future enemies, having any nuke capability. Makes sense to me, as part of a defensive policy. However, I can certainly see why it does not make sense for the 'have-nots'.

Foreign policy should be based on making more friends than enemies. Eventually, the threat diminishes. We have not done that. We make enemies.

Terrorists gaining a nuke is what most people fear. But, a nuke is not like a friggin handgrenade. A nuke is a serious piece of hardware and requires a considerable amount of other hardware to set it off. Also, these things cannot be moved around without detection. The amount of time Iran would need to give a feasible terrorist bomb to AQ, if completely given free reign, is over a decade.

We are being sold 'fear' once again.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs