Un-opened iPad, (gift) Purchased from apple.com, exchange with 3G at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nimski62, Apr 30, 2010.

1. nimski62 macrumors regular

I don't have any apple stores close to me, do you think they will exchange it for me at bbuy?

2. wombat888 macrumors 6502a

I think they probably would if you said you thought it was purchased at Best Buy but you don't have the receipt. But technically, I don't think they would have to.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Like wombat said, maybe. If you walked into an Apple Store to exchange it without a receipt, they'd look for the receipt by querying the ipads serial number. They can tell if they orig sold the ipad. Not sure if Best Buy can do the same. Worth a try.

4. emaja macrumors 68000

Best Buy cannot look it up and will not accept returns on items bought at another retailer as a matter of policy. Now, if the store manager approves it - and I wouldn't count on it - that is up to the individual manager.

I highly doubt that they would do it - and frankly, why should they?

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple has a record of the sale via serial number. Call up the 800 sales line & I'm sure they'll help you w/ an exchange.

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

They're not losing any money at all on the transaction, so why shouldn't they?

7. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Because it wasn't originally bought at BestBuy, it was bought from the Apple online store. Does it makes sense if I buy a book from Barnes and Nobles and try to exchange it at Borders? No.

8. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

Have people done it though? Yes.

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

I understand that.

Please explain the negative effect on Best Buy for doing what this customer w/o a receipt wants.