Unable To Complete Activation - UDID - iOS 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbSoluTc, Nov 2, 2011.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Ok - I forgot to add my UDID to my developer account BEFORE updating my phone to 5.0.1 and went to activate and got that message. So, I went in and added my phones UDID to my account. It's still giving me the error 15 minutes later. Is there a big delay on when things update? I searched but could not find any info on that.

Any info would be great. :)

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

3. haphadon macrumors member

Read my posts here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13779017&postcount=65

and here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13779066&postcount=71

That should fix it as long as your UDID is registered, and since you said it is you should have no more problems. :) Enjoy!

4. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Going to try the re-restore of 5.0.1 first. If that doesn't work, restore to 5.0. Never had any issues before and I guess this isn't their fault but mine only. Can't believe I forgot to add my UDID. Bleh.

Thanks. I will let you all know how it goes.

----------

Re-restore to 5.0.1 = cannot activate.

Doing a restore back to 5.0 and go from there.

5. tdubbz macrumors newbie

Restore to 5.0.1 via DFU = no go for me
    Restore + Update via DFU to 5.0 = WORKED. Syncing now. I'll try option update tomorrow

6. brent1a macrumors member

7. tdubbz macrumors newbie

Mine was able to download it via DFU mode (5.0)

My icloud backup seems to be screwed up. Lost everything since Oct 12

8. brent1a macrumors member

OK, I'm restoring back to 5 GM now, how to I make iTunes update instead of just restore?

9. tdubbz macrumors newbie

After 5.0 restored via DFU mode, it came up in itunes, and I clicked restore settings.. this was a mistake. This restored to the last time I used itunes for backup. You need to use the phone, enter in langauge, wifi info, etc to do an iCloud Backup Restore.

Doing so now.

10. brent1a macrumors member

What I meant was I'm restoring back to 5 GM now, how to I make iTunes update to 5.0.1 instead of just restore to 5.0.1?

My latest iphone backup was on my mac so I'm OK with that. I just need to know how to update to 5.0.1 so I don't mess up my phone again.

11. tdubbz macrumors newbie

From what I understand, you hold option, and update in itunes. (I usually option Restore and this is what is screwing it up I guess)

12. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Restored to 5.0 and restored from backup. Then UPDATED to 5.01 without an issue the second time. First time it said "waiting on iphone..." and nothing happened. So I had to do the whole restore thing again. Seems to be fine now.

Not sure what kind of fouled up crap that is but not good.