Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McCloud94

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
I got my phone replaced recently and all the songs I had locally downloaded on the device are now still in the music library but shown in grey.

I contacted the Apple support but they weren't able to help.

Any tips on how to get rid of them in one click, instead of deleting 100s of songs one by one ?

Thanks.

IMG-C34-E3-C1-CF61-E-1.jpg

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Doesn't answer your question, but: did you just replace your phone? I received a new phone yesterday, and shortly after restoring from a backup, my music library looked just like yours (songs greyed out). But after a while, they downloaded to the device and the text appeared in black again. Maybe that will happen for you?

McCloud94

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
this isn't iTunes music.. was directly imported with iMazing.
I avoid iTunes as much as I can.

EnglishPsycho

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Have you tried going into the phone Settings>General>iPhone Storage find the music app and you can sometimes remove it all in one go that way.

Reactions: McCloud94

McCloud94

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
Have you tried going into the phone Settings>General>iPhone Storage find the music app and you can sometimes remove it all in one go that way.
yep. This is what also the apple support recommended.

But unfortunately, it had no effect on those 'not available' songs. I don't understand why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.