Unable to downgrade from Safari 4 to Safari 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacVancouver, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MacVancouver macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, although I cannot find the answer.

I want to downgrade to Safari 3, although I cannot find out how to do this. I have tried installing 3, although it won't allow me due to the fact that I already have a newer version installed. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just a quick question, why do you want to downgrade? Have you tried using time machine?

3. MacVancouver thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to downgrade because I post on another forum a lot, and it's much easier to simply press Control S instead of clicking submit reply. I can't seem to do this with Safari 4! It's frustrating...

Time Machine! Perfect answer. I will do this. Thank you very much.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No problem. Hopefully restoring to a certain date or just that specific application will work. *crosses fingers* :)

5. MacVancouver thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll restore just that specific app, and I'll update this thread with how it goes!

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Restoring only the Safari app won't work. Safari 4 also updated several frameworks (Webkit was one). There was another thread on this and I don't believe there was any success (it was a while ago, though, and haven't checked). Otherwise, the option is a reinstall or TM restore from before the installation of Safari 4.

7. blackbudget macrumors newbie

what about safari 4.0.2?

any way to downgrade to 3 from 4 after beta?

the developer dmg won't allow me to uninstall & i don't use time machine

i could swear i unchecked safari 4 when doing a software update.

reason: quicktime pro controls are disabled in 4 when the mov isn't embedded