Unable to download .dmg or .zip files in Safari or Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emily5260, Mar 7, 2009.

1. emily5260 macrumors newbie

Hey. For the past week, I've been unable to download any program applications from the internet. I've uninstalled any download managers I had (igetter), I've created a separate user ID to see if the problem was unique to my account (it wasn't), and I've run old versions of firefox and safari to see if the problems had anything to do with current versions (no help). I've also checked to make sure that downloads are going to proper locations, etc. (they are).

I can download pdfs, but .zip files and .dmg files go nowhere. Even when trying to download programmes from the apple website I get a thank you for downloading message, but the download never starts.

I think this problem started around the time I downloading firefox 3.0.7, but I don't know if that had anything to do with this issue. Also, I have 20 GB of free space - it's not a storage issue. I also have tried this on 2 different ISPs, the same problem persists regardless of how I'm connecting to the internet.

Thanks for any help -- I'm pulling my hair out with this.

2. Nedturskakao macrumors member

I can't help you with your problem, but try using Opera instead, i think it is a better browser than both FF and Safari too.

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman