Unable To Download TV Shows On One Mac, OK On Other

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IscariotJ, Oct 6, 2014.

1. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

I've purchased a couple of season passes, and noticed that on my media Mac, I'm unable to download any of the episodes from one of the shows either from the Purchased section of the iTunes store, or from the show's page, even though the link says download. I've tried signing out / in of the store, clearing all cookies and whatnot, yet nothing seems to work. It's obviously Mac related, as I can download the episodes on my Macbook, but it's a PITA having to download / transfer them across to my media Mac. Anyone seen this before?

2. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Make sure iTunes in authorised for your Apple ID on the Mac that won't let you download.

3. IscariotJ, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

IscariotJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the thing, it is. I've two season passes; one I can download episodes from, the other I can't, yet both were bought with the same ID.... On the purchased page, both seasons are listed, one with the cloud symbol, the other without ( if I go on my Macbook, they both have the cloud symbol ).

4. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

You could try updating iTunes on the one that's not working. Not sure what else to suggest.

5. IscariotJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Already tried :( Tis really curious, there's no indication of why it won't allow the series to download....

6. IscariotJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

In case someone else has this issue; I've just spent the last two hours on with Apple. Seems there's an issue on the iTunes end that is preventing my Mac from seeing the episodes as being available. It isn't entirely fixed, but a de-auth all and then authorising each Mac again let me download the episodes from Check For Available Downloads ( they're still showing as unavailable from Purchased )....