Unable to Order on Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TAI182, Sep 18, 2013.

1. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

I just tried a mock pre-order on an iPhone 5c to familiarize myself with the ordering process for the 5s on Friday. I elected to create a brand new, invididual account with a new phone number. I am getting the following error messages:

"There’s something you should know...
    Based on the information you provided, you will only be able to pick up your iPhone in an Apple Retail Store.

AT&T may also require a deposit in order for you to purchase a new iPhone; deposit can only be paid in an Apple Retail Store.

You can still continue with your iPhone purchase on the Apple Online Store by selecting the Personal Pickup option, and then picking up your order in an Apple Retail Store.

If the Personal Pickup option is not currently available, your iPhone will be removed from your Cart and you’ll be able to purchase an iPhone, depending on availability, in an Apple Retail Store."

and

"There's something you should know...
    Based on the information you provided, we’re unable to complete your iPhone order at this time.

A deposit may be required before you can purchase an iPhone and establish a wireless account with AT&T. You can pay this deposit and, subject to availability, purchase an iPhone at an Apple Retail Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

Does this mean I will have no chance of ordering an iPhone 5s through Apple.com on Friday? I'm not sure why these error messages are appearing. Any help is appreciated.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you have to enter a SSN to do a mock order?

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

That message means the credit check failed and a deposit would be required.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sounds like for a new phone # on a new line your credit may require a deposit. I would venture to guess you won't have this problem come Friday though if you're simply upgrading your current phone on an existing line.

5. TAI182 thread starter macrumors regular

TAI182

I do plan on starting a new line with a new number for the 5s on Friday. Maybe waiting at an Apple Store is the only route for me.

----------

Correct. I just spoke with Apple on chat.

"You will need to contact AT&T and pay a deposit to them to start this account."

I am going to try to make the deposit today to be prepared for Friday's order. I sure am glad I caught this today...

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Yep, if you do not have an account open with the carrier you got to go through the credit process and sign a contract.

7. TAI182 thread starter macrumors regular

TAI182

Would I be able to do this at an Apple store on Friday, or would it have to be through an AT&T store?

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Then the answer is in the warnings. Be prepared to go to Apple to get your phone. Bring extra $ for the proposed deposit.

9. TAI182 thread starter macrumors regular

TAI182

I just stopped by an AT&T store on my lunch break, and I was told there is no way to do the deposit online for a new account. I have to either go to an Apple or AT&T store on Friday if I want the 5s.

Better line up early...