Unable to receive push email on iPhone 4S only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by striker33, Apr 19, 2012.

1. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Basically I am unable to get my iPhone 4S and iCloud email working properly. Whilst my iPad is working perfectly fine with pushing emails to the device straight away, my iPhone doesnt receive them at all unless I manually open the mail app. I've tried various things such as deleting/adding the account again, turning push on/off etc, but for some reason it wont retreive new emails.

It was working fine over the weekend. Both my iPhone and iPad alerted me at the same time, and both received push email. But for some reason that is not the case anymore.

2. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

I'm in the same boat and was about to ask for help.

My 4S will chime to let me know I have email but I get no visual notification.
    I'd deleted my account and added again but nothing is working.

3. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Do either of you have more than one yahoo or gmail account?

Not counting iCloud, if you have two other accounts and both are set to push, then it creates a conflict, at least it use to and I believe it still does.

I had two yahoo accounts, used for different reasons and both were set to push and when I stopped receiving push email and the badge on my mail icon, a Genius at the Apple store informed me of this and after setting one of the accounts to fetch or manual, my other account started receiving push email again.

4. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

Never thought about that. I did just recently add a 2nd yahoo account which I set to push as well.

2nd newer account does receive push while my main one, does not.

I'll try your suggestion.

Hope that works.

Thanks!

5. Amlogic macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with Push notifications on my 4s. It was so frustrating . I had to keep turning phone on & off in order to receive my emails . But then I heard you had to just get delete the iCloud acc and now it works a treat !!! The two were obviously conflicting . Just go to settings and mail etc and delete iCloud . Just save work to iPhone option 1 . Then hit red delete !! Hope this helps