Unable to tap on lock screen notifications - is this normal?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Hustler1337, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Hustler1337, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi guys,

As the title suggests, I'm not able to tap on any of the notifications from the lock screen to launch the relevant app as you normally would with past versions of iOS.

Also, if I hold on the notification I just get an animation where it slightly 'pops out'/enlarges and then immediately goes back to it's normal size but nothing actually happens.

The issue only occurs when tapping on notifications when the phone is locked but works as normal when you swipe down from the top when the phone is unlocked to display notifications. I thought this was an issue with Beta 1, but the issue is still present on Beta 2 and now Beta 3 so I'm starting to think that it's intentional, although I highly doubt it. Is it just me who's experiencing this?

I'm running iOS 11 on iPhone 6 Plus (so it doesn't have 3D touch if that's of any relevance).

Thanks

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Unfortunately intentional. With the way notifications have changed you'll have to pop the notification out and hit the 'x' to close it, or swipe down to dismiss it. Even with 3D touch I find it horribly inconvenient.

3. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

It's not normal for it to immediately return to the initial size on the lock screen. It should "pop" and then you have the following options (some repeated from @Roessnakhan above)

- Hit the x to dismiss the notification
    - Drag down to dismiss the notification
    - Depending on the app that issued the notification, choose an action (i.e. for Outlook you will see Reply, Delete etc.)
    - Tap again on the enlarged notification to open the app

4. crookadile macrumors regular

Same thing is happening to me. iPhone 6
    I long press the notification it pops out but immediately goes back to its original size. I don't get any options. The only way to dismiss the notification is to go to the home screen.
    I hope it gets fixed as it is very annoying to have to go to the home screen to either reply or dismiss the notification.

5. Antonio Blanco macrumors member

Antonio Blanco