Unable to upgrade to Public Beta 4 (5?)

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by TheKingsWitness, Aug 19, 2017.

1. TheKingsWitness macrumors newbie

I think I have a myriad of problems going on and am just trying to figure out what options I have. I'm currently on build 17A330h. There is an update on the app store to public beta 4 of High Sierra, but when I try to install it keeps telling me "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged".

When I try to install MacOS from the recovery menu, it tells me it can't because it is currently encrypting. After restarting in safe mode, I can see that file vault is currently encrypting but it has been for the past few days and has made no progress at all and sits at about 10% and tells me "about one minute remaining". Is it worth waiting for the actual High Sierra to come out and maybe then I will be able to install or should I just cut my losses and erase my hard drive and just get a complete fresh start? Sorry for any incorrect terminology. I know I took this risk when I installed the beta, but I've never had so many problems before. Thanks!

2. ddmcnair macrumors member

It sounds like your hard drive is in need of repartitioning and reinstallation of Mac OS 10.13. So the best thing to do is start from the start. Re-download the latest beta, start the installer, restart the Mac, when the installer screen comes up go to Disk Utility, blow away the existing drive, and do a clean install.

Hopefully you have Time Machine and can restore your apps and data.