Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nick9191, Mar 27, 2011.

1. nick9191 macrumors 68040

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

See, we in Brit-land can't tell the difference between parody and reality anymore, as truly insane people like Michelle Bachmann gear up to stalking horse or demagogue her way onto the ticket. Does The Onion own WND? We suspect so. We hope so.

5. nick9191 thread starter macrumors 68040

Well that does explain a lot. Feel quite stupid now, I read the first thread and felt compelled to post it here.. Having actually read a few more I now see what a prize idiot I am.

Thanks to the Westboro Baptitst Church its difficult to tell between satire and fundamentalism.

I surprise myself with my own naivety sometimes.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You are not nearly the first person to post, in all earnestness, about the horrors of that site. :)

And yes, the point has been made a number of times in this forum that fundamentalism in particular, and conservatism in general, has become so extreme that it's hard to tell the satire from the (you should excuse the expression) reality. ;)

7. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From yg17's link:

That's just sad. How out of touch with reality do you have to be to think Colbert is really a conservative?

Of course, when I was in college I remember that there were some people who watched All in the Family who viewed Archie Bunker as an underdog or everyman, fighting the horrors of encroaching liberalism. That's awfully disconnected as well. :(

9. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I could understand the confusion if you're not from the U.S., but otherwise you'd have to be dense.