Unboxing MBP 17'' and a bit of a review compared to the 15''

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by James Cole, Mar 6, 2009.

1. James Cole macrumors 6502

Hello Guys,

Well I just got it over with and bought the 17'' Unibody, I had very recently bought a 15'' Unibody then the 17'' arrived at the stores... had to have it... tried negotiating at the Apple store a swap... they said no, called customer service... they said now as well lol.

So basically I just said F-it and went today and bought it.

I got back opened it... it looked all right... then I noticed a scratch under certain light conditions... Had to go back to the store and they swapped it immediately.

Just got back and here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the moment I really like the 17'' the screen is excellent got the 9c99, speed should be about the same, a little bigger and heavier but not looking that much into portability at the moment.

Bewteen the screen of the 15'' and the 17'' the 15'' is a bit brighter but also I believe that the 17'' has apparently more deeper colors into it, If I had to decide probably the 17'' IMO has a better quality screen.

The sad thing is that I am going to have to sell the 15'' at a huge loss since I don't need 2 laptops and it only has a few hours of use (you can tell which one is newer between this two lol)

Hope the 17'' Turns out ok. I will probably swap the keys from the white wireless keyboard that I have... I think it will look much better.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks!

JC

2. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

were these compared at full brightness? if not, at what level of brightness? and how much brightness do u prefer to keep ur 17inch at?

3. jovanboi macrumors member

I was just thinking "wonder what he's gonna do with two macbooks" hehe. Awesome as that sounds, I'm sure two of them could be overkill. Congrats! Off-topic, I really like that glass coffee table. Thats what grabbed my attention first but yeah :p

4. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

i have the wireless keyboard as well and i was wondering, if i didnt have the Backlight, how would the white keys look. DO IT!!! post pictures!!!

5. plan4 macrumors newbie

just curious, but if you're the first person to reply to the initial post of a thread, or the second for that matter, WHY ARE YOU QUOTING THE ENTIRE POST???!!

jesus christ, we can deduce what you are referring to.

6. crazylegsmurphy macrumors 6502

Stop quoting the whole post you bandwidth wasters!

7. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Nice pics :) I was lucky enough to be in my 14 day return period when I had my 15", then waited for the 17" to come. Definitely worth it. If anyone is hesitant about the 17", I'd say go for it.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Not sure thats quite a valid argument...

9. James Cole thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, they are both at full brightness in the pictures...

It's weird... the 17'' seems to have just a different color calibration that seems to lower the gama... any thoughts on that?

10. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

u should be thanking me, u have the opportunity to see those beautiful pics of our beloved mbp's not once, but twice.. and in this thread.. thrice! :)