Understanding dual monitor and windows opened

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marciohumpris, Apr 10, 2011.

1. marciohumpris macrumors member

Hi, everyone

I dragged a firefox window to my second monitor.

Now I cant make it open in the main monitor by default in any way. Ive dragged that window to the main monitor and closed it. Ive cleared cookies/cache/site preference...

How can I make the window open on the main monitor again?

Thanks!!

2. marciohumpris thread starter macrumors member

Found a solution searching... In Firefox I have to unmaximize window, close it in main monitor then open it again, then it remembers the correct monitor (main one).

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Why do you even maximize it? You do know that past a certain point, a website doesn't look any different in a non-maximised window? Enlarge your window enough that you see all the width of your website, and pull it down a bit, and that's plenty, your eyes can only read so much information at once, displaying more of it won't change that.

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Well but to defend the maximization. I prefer to simply concentrate on one application and it distracts to see other stuff in snippets behind. With Opera and tabs as a side panel you can also make use of pretty much all the websites and if one frequently zooms depending on the text size of a given website there is just no truly right size for a browser window.

5. c1phr macrumors 6502

And some things like Gmail, MacRumors and Google Books (to a point) are liquid sized, and actually take advantage of a maximized window.

Otherwise, as far as Firefox goes, it might be a bug or an intended feature. I know this functionality has been there for a while in FF4 beta, I never tested 3.6.

6. marciohumpris thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Seems I was misunderstood. My problem is that I moved Firefox to 2nd monitor and even since it would just open there. I found a tip on the Internet how to make it open by default on the default monitor. I have to click maximize button to unmaximize it, close it, then open it again, then it remembers 1st monitor is the default. Its a firefox bug.

Regards