Underwhelmed by 13" MBP update; where to buy refurbished "old" version?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AJLSeattle, Apr 13, 2010.

1. AJLSeattle macrumors newbie

I was underwhelmed by the updates to the 13" MBP today, since they don't seem terribly different from the formerly current version. I am looking into buying one of the old (2.26) versions, which I assume will be discounted to make room for the new updated versions. I have searched these forums and seen recommendations to look in the refurbished section of the online Apple store for these kinds of discounts (there aren't currently any 13" MBPs listed). Does anyone have any other tips or recommendations for getting the old version of the 13" MBP?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The stocks in the refurbished store fluctuate daily. More popular items, usually the cheaper ones, tend to sell out very quickly.

4. AJLSeattle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will keep checking the Apple store. I guess I am looking for other websites that might be clearing stock and discounting their old MBPs (e.g., MacMall, PowerMax, etc.). Does anyone have any experience buying refurbished from these types of sites?

5. rpang macrumors member

Actually, check the Clearance store and not the refurbish store. The clearance store is where they sell New Old Stock. Education discount still applies in there also.