Resolved Uneven trackpad and hinge sticking out making scratching sounds covered by warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by De5, Jan 2, 2013.

1. De5, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

De5 macrumors member

i have the 13 inch cMbp, base model with 2 minor problems. I didn't care about the crooked trackpad and my cracking-like sounds when i press on my hinge, which is sticking out about 1mm, which also makes scratching sounds when opening my macbook. i have warranty still (not apple care just the 1 year it came with), and i am currently looking to sell my macbook and 2 people complained about the hinge and trackpad. does the 1 year warranty cover this?

2. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Take it to the Apple store...blah blah blah...the geniuses will say it is either fixable under warranty or it was your fault...blah blah blah.

3. samuelk0814 macrumors member

No reason why the 1 year warranty wouldn't cover it, to be honest it sounds like a manufaturing defect. I wouldget thatreplaed ASAP

4. De5 thread starter macrumors member

I dont have a real apple store near me, so I went to an authorized reseller. Told me that I can send it through them, and they will contact me when its done. It should take about 1 week. :)