unfortunate changes to multi Monitor and Color Calibration

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mdavidangst, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mdavidangst macrumors newbie

It is a supreme shame what you have done to multi monitor support, and color calibration.... There is such an enormous population of Mac Users that are using for Graphics and other visual purposes.. Photographers, Graphic artists, Film producers, and the list goes on.. Many, if not all of use use our programs spanning across multiple monitors to maximize productivity, our workflow depends on it.. We also rely heavily on correctly calibrated, and professionally calibrated monitors.. With your recent, seemingly unnecessary changes to this with Mavericks, you have disrupted and hopefully not permanently changed and hampered all of our workflows. This is extremely troubling.. To go many years back in time, to not allow programs to span across multiple monitors, is a step that seems to defy reason and logic... Please return what should be a standard function for our productivity... and fix the Color calibration as well.. Sacrificing the ability to correctly calibrate secondary monitors by adding a Windows 95-esk user level color calibration to satisfy some unseen need or polling, is again, beyond comprehension and logic..

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Mavericks changed my calibration to the default profile for the display type, but I can still pick my calibration in the color pane.
    Does it work differently if you leave "Displays have separate Spaces" checked in Mission Control?

3. Deguello macrumors 6502

Why would someone who relies so substantially on a workflow and display calibration being just-so jump into a new OS within days of release without doing even the most cursory of research?

4. mdavidangst thread starter macrumors newbie

tested

I downloaded the OS and tested it on 2 different machines before i did on my main machine... an iMac and a MacbookPro 17.. both however were not the same configuration as my main machine...
    These changes to the OS are so unexpected, and outdated "upgrades", I never would have thought they would have done something like this.....

5. Deguello macrumors 6502

That's fair.

I'm pretty sure I saw both of those issues being raised here regarding the developer previews, though.

Also, my previous post reads as a lot more judgmental than it did when I was typing it, so I apologize if it came across that way.

6. mdavidangst thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you Parton22!

Parton22 you are a life saver! Thank you so much for directing me to the right place to undo this.. Yeah! You Rock! I've looked all over the internet for where to turn this off.. Spanning is back..
    Now i just need to try to calibrate again, and if that's back.. then all is good.. :)

----------

thanks Deguello - no worries.. It's a legit thought.. but yes, i did go a little too quickly into it.. although i did test it out and test out all programs before installing on my main machine.. -
    Glad at least 1/2 of my woes are solved.. now to re-calibrate..

7. mdavidangst thread starter macrumors newbie

after Going to sys pref, and unchecking the "separate display" thing.. that resolved the issue of spanning..
    but.. the color calibration is off, doesn't seem like it reading colors or like apple has changed the color scale somehow... .. hopefully this can be resolved when the calibration app is updated... hope it's soon..