Unibody MBP and Dell 2408 WFP flickering and pixelation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bemaniac, Jul 22, 2009.

1. bemaniac macrumors newbie

I have a brand new Unibody MBP, and I am trying to hook it up to my work display, which is a Dell 2408 WFP. When I connect it, though, I get some flickering, but most annoyingly, I'm getting a bunch of green pixel noise traveling horizontally across the screen.

I've tried using both DVI inputs, and I've tried using someone else's MBP, and a different Mini Displayport-DVI adapter, but no luck.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a known fix to this?

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Do you have the correct resolutions and refresh rates set?

3. bemaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

The resolution is correct, and the only refresh rate I am able to choose is 60Hz

4. bamf macrumors 6502

I'm not at my desk today, but I've got either a 2407 or 2408 and I don't have any issues with it. I'm using an early 2008 MBP though...

5. bemaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the display works fine with the early 2008 MBP we have in the office. It's just Unibody MBPs that are having this problem.

I've also noticed that after the screen has been on for quite some time, the pixelation reduces a bit, but never goes away completely.

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

In other words, the problem is mDP.

7. Z06jerry macrumors regular

FWIW, my Dell 2405 works fine with my "09 13 MBP using a miniDisplayPort > DVI adapter sourced from Monoprice.com

8. Michale22 macrumors newbie

Is there any solution yet?
    I have the same problem. The MBP works fine with the 2407 WFP but when using the 2408 WFP Modell its this flickering. I tested alterative adapters and cabels. Everything is fine in all combinations besides the 2008 WFP, there is the problem and only there.

9. Z06jerry macrumors regular

Just curious, have you also tried connecting MDP > DP?

http://estore.circuitassembly.com/p...isplayport-Adapter-Cable.html?products_id=287