Unified search bar in Safari adds periods...how to fx

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by macness, Nov 21, 2014.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Whenever I try to use the unified death bar in Safari to do a web search it tends to add periods between words. For example; instead of it typing who is Michael Jordan? Instead it types ; who. Is. Michael. Jordan?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You're hitting the period instead of the space bar. Not much of a fix except to be more careful of where you're tapping your finger.

3. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

Lol. Thanks. Why is the period not there when text messaging? You have to hit the ABC/123 button to get it

4. HYPOKON2000 macrumors member

HYPOKON2000

Are you using a 6 or a 6 plus? I have both and when comparing the keyboard side by side the space bar on the 6 is longer than on the plus. Because it is shorter on the plus I too press the period instead of the space bar. Feels unnatural as far as the space bar goes on the plus. But it is only when typing in safari browser text window. All other keyboards are fine. I wish they can fix that. The space bar should be set up like that on the 6.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Because in the case of the address bar one of the main uses for it is to enter URLs which generally have a lot of dots in them, this the keyboard used there makes the '.' key accessible.