United Nations: Zika Virus Is Not a Threat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jun 2, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Fact: 150 international health experts recently issued an open letter to the World Health Agency calling for the Olympic Games to be delayed or moved in the name of public health. They warned that having hundreds of thousands of people travel to the Olympics in Brazil, would inevitably lead to the births of more brain-damaged babies and speed up the global spread of the virus.

However, the World Health Organization says not to worry and the holding the Olympics in fetid swampland crawling with Zika is nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, Obama is
    permitting Zika-infected women to enter the United States. But since the U.N. says don't worry...don't worry.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is this the same Obama who is fighting to get Congress to increase funding to fight the disease?

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Yes. Obama is suffering from Migrant Aura syndrome.

However, since the U.N. says there is nothing to worry about there is no reason to waste money fighting Zika.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The UN and Obama. All we need to do is work Hillary into the thread and you have some me time material for later.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

There's criminals at the Centers for Disease Control. Inviting a diseased Honduran woman, flying her in, yet, to drop anchor?

6. Robisan macrumors 6502

Jeebus, you even bollocks up the thread title of something this basic. They did NOT say "Zika Virus Is Not a Threat." They said holding and attending the Rio Olympics shouldn't cause or worsen Zika related problems.

"...It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe."

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Zika is the new Ebola is the new SARS is the new West Nile Virus.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So we're all going to die.

9. Robisan macrumors 6502

Sadly there is no cure for Wingnuttia...

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Wait, I thought the UN was a bad thing? Wasting taxpayer money and getting free room here in NYC and being all libbie and such?

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    And our current sitting president isn't doing anything about it! Leave it to those <insert political party here> to not care!

Until we start getting into Captain Tripps level stuff, I ain't worryin'.

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

By all means, explain how Obama had ANYTHING to do with that? Also explain how this lady entering the US means anything, specially given that Zika is non-communicable.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 2, 2016 ---

Good thing the UN has no say on our policy.