University of Louisville NCAA Infractions

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bunnspecial, Jun 16, 2017.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 604

bunnspecial

Has anyone else been following this story?

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ys-u-l-basketballs-ncaa-punishment/399580001/

The essential take-aways from it are

1. 5 conference game suspension for Pitino

2. Reduction in scholarships

3. (the big one) Vacation of all victories from 2010-2014 in which ineligible players participated including-likely-the 2012 Final Four and 2013 Championship.

This is in addition to self-imposed penalties including the 2015-2016 post-season ban and reduction in scholarships.

2. Kurfer macrumors regular

Kurfer

College sports are a total joke, these Universities are getting rich off kids and it's sickening. These young kids are being sold the world and taken advantage of; I salute any kid smart enough to skip college and go straight to the pros. It's a shame there were rules in place to prevent that from happening allowing the NCAA to get their cut. These institutions are making so much bank off these athletes.

Didn't these guys also get hit with buying some rachet trashy prostitute too? The audacity of these universities to act all high and mighty when some testosterone driven college kids hire a prostitute...these same universities that hire student boosters to recruit kids by showing them how easy it is to party and smoke weed and bang sluts. I'm no mother Teresa but let's not be Hippocrates.

Sports in general for 2017 has been one gigantic bloody botched abortion.

I still get calls from universities asking for donations, like gfto with that garbage. Go sell some idiot stupid another "graphics design" degree for $40,000.

I am from Louisville, I ran a technical training program teaching Cisco CCNP and security courses. I went to three different universities that were all glad to bring me on because there was a waiting list for the class. Not one of them cared that I didn't have a masters degree and told me not to worry (while teaching a university level masters program). I would get a handful of career changers thrown at me from the university; they were told my legitimate college recruiters that taking a graphics design course full time was a good idea and they are financially ruined because they don't make enough money to afford food let alone pay their predatory loans. I almost felt sorry for them.

It's all about money; you also have to be a class A ***** moron to think other schools aren't doing it. You think the best athletes in the world want to come to Lexington KY? It's trailer parks, private horse farms and check into cash stations. The place is a certified trash dump full of bible thumpers and trump rednecks.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Boy, do I feel like a stupid idiot sitting here with my degree in Graphic Design. If only I'd seen this post sooner.

4. Kurfer macrumors regular

Kurfer

I bet you wouldn't be living in a shack and driving a subaru :)