University of MO President resigns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by brinary001, Nov 9, 2015.

1. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

2. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Another hoax. So shocking. LOL

I feel bad for these kids. No one will ever hire them outside of those needing someone to flip a few burgers (until they perfect the robots to automate).

3. samiwas macrumors 68000

So, in other words, just said "I don't care about your problems on my campus" and moved on? That would be an example of great leadership. Word.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And?

If the Mizzou football players are so concerned about discrimination against minorities, they should refuse to play against BYU to help bring awareness to BYU's discriminatory policies.

5. samiwas macrumors 68000

What are you talking about?

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

An article's been written that talks about no evidence for 3 of the events that were said to have occurred. The 4th event was said to have been swiftly attended to by the administration.

One such example of missing evidence was a swastika done in poop. Nobody's seen it. In today's iPhone and android world, no one took a pic?

Of course that's not to say it could not be faked, such as the Tawana Brawley incident from race baiter extraordinaire Al Sharpton.

7. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I want to believe you're real and not just a bot. I want to believe.

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Point of order, he has two lenses on two separate bodies and while one is a telephoto lens (and if you think that's huge, you've never hung out on the field of a football game) the other is a wide-angle lens. Second, that's a fairly standard kit among photojournalists.

Third, the only reason that he became part of the story was because the students were violating the First Amendment by trying to block him. Certainly, journalists should avoid being a part of the story, but that doesn't mean they have to operate like the NGIA and view events through a KH-11 satellite either.

Moreover, some of the best photojournalism is accomplished up close and personal using 24 and 35mm lenses. How else are you supposed to get the details of someone's life? You stand in front of them, chat and ask questions, and then make your frame.

The students tried to block a journalist from covering an event in a public forum by demanding privacy, a right that's fundamentally at odds with the First Amendment.

Tai's still right, and you're wrong.

9. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I think I heard him interviewed on NPR yesterday evening. Sounded level-headed. If anything, he should have had a little more backbone describing the mob/cult's insistence that journalists "go home".

10. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

A private institution owned by a church. Much like Notre Dame and the Catholic Church. Discrimination sure has a perverted definition these days. Should Notre Dame also be held against your standard of discrimination for things they do or don't do that you disagree with? Come on, start a Change.org petition to kick ND out of the NCAA as well for their stance on homosexuality or abortion or whatever you want! The assault on religious freedom in this country is astounding and is showing no signs of abating any time soon. I guess it's apropos on a discussion about the 1st amendment...

11. samiwas macrumors 68000

It's not evidence, but there is a police report. But it's on slate, so it's probably faked, right?

What are the other three events?

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Intrepid conservative Ben Shapiro reporting in the Daily Wire.

He starts:
    "Show us the evidence of systemic racism at Mizzou.

So far, it doesn’t exist.

According to press accounts, four specific incidents drove the ouster of the liberal president of University of Missouri, Tim Wolfe. Three of the four have no evidence to support them, and the remaining incident was rightly investigated by Wolfe’s administration.

Here are the crucial racial incidents that brought down the top official at a major publicly-funded university."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/1020/mizzou-students-revolted-over-four-racist-ben-shapiro

13. samiwas macrumors 68000

I am shocked...SHOCKED I TELL YOU, that there's no evidence of someone shouting racial slurs at someone else. I mean, isn't that what time machines are for? Unless someone is recording their life 24/7, there would rarely be evidence of such things. Doesn't mean they didn't happen...except in conservativeville.

And what was "taken care of", as noted in this article? No one has ever been brought up on any of these, so I hardly think anything has been "taken care of".

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

Yuppie!! mob rule!!!

I can imagine people like you in lynching partys and witch trials.

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

Speaking of wrong, this is nonsense. The students were not infringing on his right to print, publish, write or otherwise express himself in any way. Furthermore, the First Amendment does not guarantee the right to complete, whole and unfettered access to all events, even public events. Furthermore x2, the reason the students were upset was the reporter had placed himself in the middle of, and was infringing on, their First Amendment right to express themselves as they chose. In short, you have it entirely backwards.

The reporter had no more Constitutionally protected "right" to inhibit or interfere with the protest than he would if he chose to stand on the pitcher's mound to document a public softball game in progress. Complete, unfettered access to public events is not a First Amendment right.

16. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

You sound like a spoiled brat whose parents never explained to you that you can't always have your way. What's even more perplexing is hearing such comments from someone calling themselves a Christian. Have you actually read the Bible? As a Christian you should know that it isn't about your will but rather His will.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

The irony is strong in you :p

18. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

There is nothing funny about people misleading God's children.

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

In the middle of?

The guy was aggressively approached and surrounded. Give me a break.

The protest train apparently lacked brakes after the President unilaterally caved.

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Too much! You are overdoing it.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

I can sort of agree at first thought, but then again ...

Had anyone called me a slur, I'd know exactly who it was and what car was being driven, so that if I were to report it, it could be substantiated.

Absent that, it's hearsay.

Though if it did happen to me, I'd merely flip 'em the bird and move on - not go tattle to a college administration and demand what they're going to do about my pouty hurt feelings and to ensure that it Never Happens Again!

Because I want my life to be in perpetual utopia and only see, hear, and do only what I approve of with laws passed by a nanny state upon my demand, or by force, if necessary. ;)

Manufacturing outrage is the new skill learned at college. Students feel compelled to demonstrate that they, too, are participating.

22. samiwas macrumors 68000

I agree that coordinating large protests over a guy driving by and hurling a slur is overkill. But if it's commonplace, or if school organizations are practicing some sort of racial/personal profiling (not allowing black students or gays to participate, etc), then that is worth saying something about. If you don't agree, then you likely fit into the next paragraph.

I know some people are just really upset that they don't get to freely be racist/homophobic without any consequences anymore. That others are actually speaking up against them and doing something about it. For the longest time, they got to do whatever they wanted, treat those they deemed below them however they felt, and now they're seeing that slip away, and it makes them sad. They'll fight tooth and nail to keep the right to discriminate openly. And there are plenty of them on this board.

And if you want to talk about manufacturing outrage, college is on a much later page in the book. Fox, Breitbart, Limbaugh, and many of the hard-left sources...that, pal, is manufactured outrage. And when I read the posts on here from certain posters talking about how this administration hates America and is using tyrannical rule to destroy our nation...a traitor who is making everything scarier and making us weaker which will lead to our aggressive destruction. That's the sort of thought only brought about by truly manufactured outrage preying on the weakest minds.

23. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

This is an interesting argument that I could get behind. Today's young adults seem to be devolving into spoiled brats.

Raise the Voting Age to 25

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

I believe we’re in agreement on that topic.

All groups are getting played by their respective media outlets. That’s how the media gets the eyeballs and the advertisers.

Humankind gets what it wants from their entertainment, be it action, romance, suspense, horror — or the indignant consternation fix that comes from unwelcome news with the hype turned up a few notches.

Colin Quinn, in this comedic “Unconstitutional” tour (on Netflix) said it best - It’s not so much the news anymore. It’s someone pointing to some third party’s response to events and saying, Hey! Look at that! Is that F’d up, or what?

25. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

This guy lied about the KKK being "confirmed" on campus. Why wouldn't he lie about racial slurs? He's a gay black man who is the president of the student body. This university also had the first gay major athlete. Really sounds like a place that hates blacks and homosexuals.