University Village, Seattle, WA launch meetup

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by note235, Sep 14, 2012.

1. note235 macrumors 6502a

What time are you heading there?

I might go to the Southcenter one, haven't decided.

2. chadsteruw macrumors member

I was planning on heading out by 4am or so. In the past, I've driven by the night before to see if anyone was in line. I might do the same.

3. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

went to Uvillage last year--at around 1am--around 20 back
    by opening day it was full, around the back of the RAM

4. dubs83 macrumors regular

how many iphone's do they usually have on stock? Basically, get there by 5am would probably be too late?

5. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They sell out later in the day, I went with my group at 1, walked out store at 830 or so am. Mom wanted one later, but then found out they sold out both uvillage and south center

6. dubs83 macrumors regular

So later in the day as in late morning? Just trying to get an idea of I arrive by 5 or 6am if I stand a chance of getting one still. Do they hand out vouchers then I take it, so there isn't a Wall Mart style mad rush into the store? I can only imagine they do this...

also, any idea how bellevue square works? Do they allow you to line up outside the store (Im assuming not because the mall is closed until 9am...or whenver they open.)

7. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ive read its standing outside then you move in after some time (Bellevue)

for Uvillage they did hand out vouchers, I think by the time my mom wanted one I called at around 3pm, I'm not sure when they sold out though

8. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Uvillage was a nightmare after 5-6AM for the iPhone 4 launch I went to - it went around the back of the RAM and then looped around bartell's then all the way across the other side to around Sephora by 8:00 when it opened. By 9:30 when I got my phone it was even longer.

I got my iPhone 4 on reservation - not a walkin. Got there at 3AM and was about 35th person in line althought it got a lot longer very quickly after that. Not sure what happened on the 4S but I would expect the 5 launch to be the same if not more.

9. minik macrumors 65816

Judging from the pre-order, I bet there will be more people show up at the store compares to iPhone 4/4S launch.

10. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep i agree--what time are you guys getting there?

im going to watch samsara at cinerama before i head there

11. harryhood macrumors regular

You really have to get to the Apple store in u-dist at 5-6am? Dont they open at 9:30am?