Unlimited data? AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sootie, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sootie macrumors member

Can you still get grandfathered into unlimited data? AT&T

2. lrfox macrumors member

Yes.

But no FaceTime over data network for unlimited plan holders

I'm unlimited on AT&T with an iPhone 5

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

4. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Can you rephrase your question? Are you asking if you can get it (if you don't have it) and then keep it, or do you have it and want to keep it? I'm a tad confused.

5. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Exactly no facetime or tethering. I am still grandfathered into a $65 per month unlimited plan that gives you unlimited worldwide data. I travel to other countries a lot and it has saved me over $1000 i am sure.

6. xA4Hx macrumors member

Lol must be nice I don't travel though, I have a standard grandfather unlimited plan that I won't give up on my iPhone 5. AT&T doesn't make you give it up.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

They sure try to sell you on the data share plans though......

I went to a corp store with my friend who needed a new SIM for his wife to use in the iPhone 4 we were giving her. I made the mistake of telling the guy that my wife and I had iPhones and I had unlimited data. He tried to sell me on the merits of the new data share plans. I told him no thanks, I have an iPhone 5 and said my data use will be increasing and I'll stick with my unlimited plan for 30 bucks.

8. xA4Hx macrumors member

Lol, I work at a third party store and we just put customers on whatever plan best fits their needs . Ill never take anyone off unlimited plan or waste my time even discussing it. I personally like old plans myself Better got 2 extra lines that I use for upgrades but are just 9.99 lines rest of the time.

9. wookiee2cu macrumors member

Grandfathered unlimited as well, I wasn't aware that facetime didn't work with unlimited but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since AT&T is trying to get folks off it. I don't use facetime so I really don't care but I'm glad I still have my unlimited as the LTE burns through data quick! I'm not a big data user, on my iPhone 4 it would show 450-650mb per month, I just checked my usage on the iPhone 5 which I got on 9-21 and it shows 2GB! Sure I may have done a little extra surfing the first week to play with the new toy but almost 1.5GB worth extra for 1 month... I don't think so.

10. sootie thread starter macrumors member

What are the methods of getting the unlimited data plan. Original iPhone method where you switch sims

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    If you dont have it already on your plan there's no way to get it now.
    All loopholes are closed.
    You can take over someones account on AT&T that has unlimited data plan but that's a pain IMO.