Unlimited data on AT&T iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brounmoney, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Brounmoney macrumors 6502

Ok so I did not know that AT&T would not offer you wifi hotspot on unlimited data plans until about week ago. I called cause I wanted to see how much it was. She told me that the only plans that could were the limited ones and suggested the 5gb of data for $50. I am really considering it, but I really don't want to lose unlimited data. Is there any body who has gotten AT&T to give you wifi hotspot on unlimited? I just thought if you gave them enough crap they would give in, or is this just a lost cause?

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

It is a lost cause. You need to be on the 5GB tethering plan or a mobile share plan to get tethering.

Or you need to be jailbroken, which is impossible as of now.

3. ProudLoz macrumors regular

It's a lost cause. If you really need it, pay attention to your usage, and see if it's even worth the $50.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

It's a lost cause unless you want to jailbreak and install a tethering app. But if ATT catches you using a tethering app, they will give you a warning and than threaten to take away your unlimited data all together.

5. Gaidin43 macrumors regular

Can they still catch you? I thought with tethering more common place again they are having a harder time catch people.

6. Brounmoney thread starter macrumors 6502

See this is what I was wondering too. I had the Galaxy nexus right before I got the iPhone 5 and it was an international phone and was unlocked to use any sim based network. It had a wifi hotspot app build into the phone, and I would use about 1gb a month is tethering and I never got anything from them to tell me stop. I woul love for them to try. I have been with them since 1999, and have never been in bad standing with them. Their is not reason they should charge for tethering.