Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

aa521490

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Specifically, will the $70 unlimited T-Mobile PHONE sim work in a Verizon or AT&T iPad Air? I know many still have their grandfathered AT&T or Verizon phone plan. What about those who have the unlimited T-Mobile?

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I've had issues with putting tmobile sim in iPads. Get redirected to a my tmobile page which takes you nowhere

Worked in the past for many of us, up until April - May

Comment

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I just tried my $30/mo 100min/unlimited text/5GB plan in my iPad and just like the above poster could only get to T-Mobile's website.

Every APN other than fast.t-mobile.com I tried with the iPhone SIM card wouldn't get me anywhere, not even to T-Mobile's website.

Luckily I had an unactivated T-Mobile SIM lying around and used it for a 200MB/mo free plan.

Last edited:
Comment

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Does anyone else have input on this? I really need to know if this works before I drop 70 bucks.

Comment

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Does anyone else have input on this? I really need to know if this works before I drop 70 bucks.
I reckon both AT&T and T-Mobile both know what Apple device you have based on IMEI and may be blocking subscribers from using phone plans on tablets. I wouldn't chance it. Try if it works on a cheaper phone plan first before you switch to the $70 plan.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.