All iPads Unlimited Data PHONE Sim work in any of the iPad Airs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aa521490, Nov 1, 2013.

1. aa521490 macrumors regular

Specifically, will the $70 unlimited T-Mobile PHONE sim work in a Verizon or AT&T iPad Air? I know many still have their grandfathered AT&T or Verizon phone plan. What about those who have the unlimited T-Mobile?

2. Jades macrumors 6502

I've had issues with putting tmobile sim in iPads. Get redirected to a my tmobile page which takes you nowhere

Worked in the past for many of us, up until April - May

3. apunkrockmonk, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I just tried my $30/mo 100min/unlimited text/5GB plan in my iPad and just like the above poster could only get to T-Mobile's website.

Every APN other than fast.t-mobile.com I tried with the iPhone SIM card wouldn't get me anywhere, not even to T-Mobile's website.

Luckily I had an unactivated T-Mobile SIM lying around and used it for a 200MB/mo free plan.

4. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Does anyone else have input on this? I really need to know if this works before I drop 70 bucks.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I reckon both AT&T and T-Mobile both know what Apple device you have based on IMEI and may be blocking subscribers from using phone plans on tablets. I wouldn't chance it. Try if it works on a cheaper phone plan first before you switch to the $70 plan.