Unlimited data plans no longer eligible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mitch Rapp, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Mitch Rapp macrumors newbie

I've heard that if you want the subsidized price for the new IPhone 5, AT&T will require that those with grandfathered unlimited plans switch to one of their new family share plans? Is this accurate? Thanks.

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That is Verizon, only AT&T allows people to keep unlimited plans.

4. Mitch Rapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply! That's good news!

5. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I'm a Verizon customer who is buying the phone outright to keep unlimited. If there are any AT&T managers out there who would sell me a subsidized phone with unlimited, I'll happily make the jump! :)

6. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

You are welcome :cool: Have a great day

7. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I hope that is true but do you really think AT&T would be that nice to its customers?

They want as many people off unlimited as possible that's why the are holding back FaceTime on 3G unless you switch plans

James

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Since throttling is around that is not a big issue. The main reason they wanted people off was b.c the people who would use outraged usage. Now that they throttle they won't force people off.

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Unfortunately, I think they've literally removed the capability from their system, to keep ANYONE from getting it unless they're grandfathered. Even if you accidentally replace your plan, you're pretty much SOL these days.

10. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Then why disable FaceTime unless you switch to a more expensive plan? If they left well enough alone when someone went over their limit you throttle them right? Then why not enable FaceTime and let the customer worry about it. They are hoping to get you to switch and get off your unlimited plan by tricking you into something else

James