Unlimited data question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yetirider, Jun 27, 2012.

1. yetirider macrumors newbie

My sister-in-law is still grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan. She hasn't upgraded her phone (3gs) and doesn't plan on upgrading for a year or two. She has offered to let me use her upgrade eligibility for a phone. My question is, would she lose her unlimited data plan if I choose an iphone 4s? What if it's an Android model?

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Call or stop in an ATT store and ask.

3. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

She would lose her unlimited data plan no matter what phone you choose. No matter what plan you're going to sign up , your Sister-in-law is going to lose her unlimited data. I assume your carrier no longer carries the Unlimited data plan, hence the problem.

Try asking her how much data she uses. If she is simply the average person who uses average data which is not astronomical, then try convincing her about this and then get the phone at a subsidized price with a new data plan. It shouldn't be hard considering that you're families. :rolleyes:

4. rsvrfactory macrumors member

I don't think she would because she is not changing phones and as long as you currently have a data plan. Just get the phone and put your SIMM in it. I would check with your carrier to be sure. Please let us know what they say.

5. yetirider thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies!

She called and checked. She was told that since it's a smartphone to smartphone upgrade that she would still keep her unlimited. So she has my phone on order and I should have it at the end of the week.

Cheers!