Unlimited Data Verizon iPhone 5 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mosarmini, Sep 25, 2012.

1. mosarmini macrumors newbie

Hello Macrumors community! I've been a spectator here for a while but now that I need help I decided to join :p

Anyways, I have a question for you all. Regarding using another family member's upgrade to keep unlimited data, can the process be done if I were to pick up the iPhone 5 from the Apple Store? Basically I ask this because I'm under my dad's family account and I'm using my uncle's upgrade to get my iPhone and it turns out the Apple Store in my city has some in stock. I was wondering if it's possible to pick up the iPhone if I pay using my ID and all that online, and go straight to the store to pick it up? The reason I ask is because I don't live with my family (I live in an apartment for an out of city college), so can I pick it up if I have the social security number and billing info of the account or is there some obstacle I have to cross or something?

I'm really sorry if I worded this weird, I tried to explain it the best I can but any help is GREATLY appreciated!:D

2. bwhitta macrumors regular

You may need to be an authorized user on the Verizon account. This can be done on My Verizon. I would call the Apple Store and confirm the steps you need to take.

3. mosarmini thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah I see, so I just registered my phone number as a user on Verizon, and I requested to be an account manager. If I'm approved would that be considered as an authorized user?

4. jester0723 macrumors regular

The account owner on Verizon might be the one that has to confirm this. I don't know why Verizon would care.

5. bwhitta macrumors regular

I don't recall any approval process. If you logged in and added yourself, then you're considered an authorized user.

6. mosarmini thread starter macrumors newbie

It just had an option to request to be a manager which I guess gives you the privileges to upgrade on the account? I'm almost sure that's the case whenever my dad wakes up he could approve it (since requesting to be manager has to be approved by the account owner) but from there hopefully it's a straight forward shot at Apple:D