Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TigerBabe, Oct 29, 2011.

1. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

I am looking to upgrade to 4S with At&T currently however if I upgrade my phone will I lose my unlimited data in which is grandfathered in? If so is it a better idea just to go with Sprint's unlimited everything plan? what are the pros and cons of going with Sprint in terms of servicing?

2. colbertnation macrumors regular

You don't lose your unlimited data if you upgrade on AT&T. I just upgraded to the 4S and was able to keep my unlimited data. Just make sure you don't upgrade online... those greedy ----- don't even offer you unlimited data option on their website. You can go through Apple.com or Apple/AT&T store, and they'll be able to keep your unlimited data without a problem.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

As long as you have an unlimited plan (for any smartphone) and don't switch to a "limit" plan, you can keep unlimited data. You can even switch back and forth between unlimited enterprise and unlimited consumer plans. Unfortunately, you can't add tethering without switching to a limited plan, though.

4. spikefood macrumors regular

Not true, I upgraded through the ATT website and still have my unlimited data.

5. unlimitedsway macrumors member

You also are recommended not to "un officially" thether on your unlimited plan either with a jailbroken iphone. They are cracking down on that, & you take a big chance on losing your unlimited plan.