Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smf72, May 28, 2012.

1. smf72 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

I have a 4S on AT&T with grandfather unlimited data. Quick question is the sim card and plan worth anything and if so what's the best method to sell it and what's involved?

Thanks for the help.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I know for the iPad unlimited data plans can sell for upwards of $600 on eBay. For the iPhone I'm not so sure.

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I would look on eBay. Probably want to do it quickly. With Verizon taking away grandfathered unlimited data, AT&T is sure to be soon behind. This uncertainty will adversely affect the perceived value of an unlimited account - considering that that unlimited data may be taken away.

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Yea I've seen them listed at $900+ but I don't think people are buying them.

5. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

iPhone unlimited data plans are worthless since they get throttled after 3GB. I once tried to give away two unlimited data plans before the 3GB throttling went into effect and not one person was interested. No one wanted to simply take over the lines with six months left on the contracts.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I concur, ever since greedy ATT changed the rules, these plans aren't that valuable anymore. Before they began doing the throttle top 5% or what ever they called it, yeah they were highly wanted plans.