Unlimited Plan Facetime over cellular working, Why? Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JavierDiaz4, Sep 23, 2012.

1. JavierDiaz4 macrumors member

Hey guys I just noticed I have a family unlimited plan that I'm grandfathered in. I did a restore from my old iPhone 4 for my new 5 and after poking around for a while, facetime over cellular is ON my iPhone 5 and it works. Keep in mind I have unlimited unless AT&T pulled a fast one. I'm going to call to make sure but I'm definitely not being blocked. Anyone else out there?

----------

Next Bill Cycle: 10/02/12
    Data (MB): 2.9 of Unlimited
    Data (MB): 954.57 of Unlimited (Deactivated)
    Messaging: 2,708
    Group Messaging: 3,203 of Unlimited
    Visit us online at www.att.com/DataPlans

Looks unlimited still to me. I can definitely toggle on and off. My wife can't. I turned it off just in case. Don't want AT&T to pull a fast one

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

heh, no, I haven't tried mainly cause I'm paranoid AT&T would have some way of finding out and use it as a reason to make me lose my unlimited plan (They did so with people they caught tethering). But I have noticed the switch is there and doesn't seem to disallow it (unlike tethering that Apple coded in would not even give you the option unless you had the proper plan).

So I'm wondering if Apple didn't bother with enforcing AT&T's thing (unlike tethering) and if AT&T even has a way of telling how you are using the device (They some how know when you are tethering).

NOt that it matters to me. Facetime over cellular really isn't a huge deal to me and definitely not worth risking my unlimited over.