Unlimited texting "Used X out of 50"??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hellishness, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

So I upgraded to unlimited texting yesterday (from 1500), and I thought it was odd that under Data in the myWireless app, it has "My Billing Cycle" (normal) "Data" (normal) "Messaging", and this is where it gets weird. There are two messaging things. The top one says "Used X of 50" (and has a bar like data, minutes, etc.), and it seems to reset every day, the bottom one says "Used X of Unlimited" (which I expected).

Basically, what the hell is this "Used X of 50" meter for messaging? (I searched, Mroogled, Googled, nothing)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Nothing, just your left offer prorated messages, plus whatever texts you made that time period. If anything fishy pops out in the bill, call AT&T.

3. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Now I'm more confused. If I had 1500, I removed it, and went to unlimited, starting at the beginning at my billing cycle (Switched on the 18th, cycle started on the 16th). Prorated would be 50 per day, but why does it matter when I have unlimited (I could understand it being part of AT&T's standard system for things like this) but more importantly: I won't be paying for 1500 and unlimited this month, will I?

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Check it when your next billing cycle starts. Things like that don't get reflected correctly when changed in the middle of a billing cycle. You will get prorated for 2 days of 1500 and 28 days of unlimited if there are 30 days in this billing cycle.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No, you pay the prorated for whatever you consumed and receive for those days the prorated amount (Hence the 50).

After that, you get a prorated Unlimited price. If anything extra is charged, just call AT&T and have those charges removed. They will do it because you've got unlimited.

6. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

It would be best to call them and make sure it is straightnened out. WHen I switched from 200 to 1500, the did pro rate and charge me a crap ton of money for overages. Once I called them, they set the entire month as 1500.