unlock 4.0.2 with ultrasn0w -> "different sim card detected please connect to itunes"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Basti.13, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Basti.13 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I'm trying to unlock a 3GS. I have successfully jailbroken it and have Cydia installed.

I then went on to install the latest version of ultrasn0w (1.2.3) which worked (last message I got is: "Restart SpringBoard" which then exits Cydia and gives me the home screen).

However, once I then put in my new sim card it gives me the "different sim card detected please connect to itunes" message and I can't use the phone.

I've read about this hacktivation push thing to work around that issue but it only works with iOS 4.0.1 and I have 4.0.2 installed.

Is there any way to get my phone unlocked (without having to change to the iPad base band for example)? Is there any thing I have to keep in mind when installing ultrasn0w? Does it matter whether I do it with the original SIM installed or without a SIM (I'm installing over Wi-Fi, not 3G)?

Oddly enough I was able to get the phone to work once and didn't get the "different sim -> itunes" screen. Unfortunately I don't know why that happened and I can't reproduce it.

Finally, some info on the phone I'm trying to unlock:
    - the phone is locked to T-Mobile Germany and I've been trying to get a German o2 sim and a UK T-Mobile SIM to work
    - 3GS 32 GB
    - phone has been activated and used with T-Mobile Germany
    - Base band is 05.13.04
    - Model: MC141DN
    - newest version of ultrasn0w
    - jailbreak with limera1n

2. Basti.13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does nobody have any ideas? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ultrans0w 1.2.3 works with the baseband you currently have on your phone. So, may be try to remove and reinstall Ultrasn0w and see if it works.

4. Basti.13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that several times. Doesn't work! Tried it with SIM card installed and without.. :-(

5. FoneFan macrumors newbie

Try updating Lockdown folder

I had the same issue. Same baseband. Used Ultrasn0w but would get the "Different SIM detected..." message. Just install openSSH on Cydia and WinSCP on your desktop. Use WinSCP to talk to your iPhone on WiFi (or USB). And replace your Lockdown folder with the one you download. Details at the following link:

http://www.everythingicafe.com/foru...nt-sim-detected-after-jailbreak-unlock.34215/

Hope that works for you.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Hacktivation is available in all versions of pwnage and snowbreeze. I think all versions of redsnow also offer hacktivation, but don't quote me on that.
    If your phone is locked to at&t, just buy a sim off ebay. It doesn't have to be active.
    Personally, I don't like hacktivation, but that's because it occasionally screws with unlocks. However, do what you want.

7. FoneFan macrumors newbie

Just to clarify, openSSH would be on Cydia on the iPhone (stating the obvious). You'll need WinSCP to browse the file system on your phone from your (Windows) desktop

"I've read about this hacktivation push thing to work around that issue but it only works with iOS 4.0.1 and I have 4.0.2 installed."

- No need for that

"Is there any way to get my phone unlocked (without having to change to the iPad base band for example)? Is there any thing I have to keep in mind when installing ultrasn0w? Does it matter whether I do it with the original SIM installed or without a SIM (I'm installing over Wi-Fi, not 3G)?"

Your phone has a lockdown folder that has records that keep track of your past activation/s. Overlaying this folder with a "clean" folder will wipe the state clean for you and get rid of your issue. Once you replace the folder, switch off the phone, replace the SIM and restart and voila.