Unlock for Iphone 3GS - IOS 5.0.1. - Baseband 05.16.05 - Old Bootrom

Kalirugby99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Hi All!

I accidentally and VERY unfortunately updated my iphone 3GS to 5.0.1 (firmware 05.16.05, old Bootrom) after it crashed and now i'm back to a iphone that doesn't work with my T-mobile service. I have been trying to find a unlock/jailbreak tutorial, but from what I'm reading there isn't one that doesn't force you to update your baseband to that of an ipad and most likely loose your GPS functionality, which I don't want to do.

I was curious if anyone knows how long it might it be before a tutorial is released to unlock the iphone described above, or is it a lost cause?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi All!

I accidentally and VERY unfortunately updated my iphone 3GS to 5.0.1 (firmware 05.16.05, old Bootrom) after it crashed and now i'm back to a iphone that doesn't work with my T-mobile service. I have been trying to find a unlock/jailbreak tutorial, but from what I'm reading there isn't one that doesn't force you to update your baseband to that of an ipad and most likely loose your GPS functionality, which I don't want to do.

I was curious if anyone knows how long it might it be before a tutorial is released to unlock the iphone described above, or is it a lost cause?
I can guide you to jailbreak & unlock this phone in few minutes. However, you have a phone that I would like you to help to see if you can unlock it base on Huang123's instruction in the thread below.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1307426/

If it is not working, then please post back and I will guide you to unlock your phone. Thank you :)

madsands

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
I can guide you to jailbreak & unlock this phone in few minutes. However, you have a phone that I would like you to help to see if you can unlock it base on Huang123's instruction in the thread below.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1307426/

If it is not working, then please post back and I will guide you to unlock your phone. Thank you :)
i can try that for u but do u think my phone will brick
my iphone 3gs 5.0.1 and baseband 5.16.05
im on the same boat with OP

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I wouldn't refer people to huangs nonsense.
Things I would refer you to Huang for:
1. Bad Advice
2. A headache
3. ????
4. Broken English
5. Maybe a good laugh?

Just as a side note - In Chinese, Huang means yellow. My contractor last year was named Mr. Huang. He installed my cabinets in my kitchen... and chain smoked like a mother. He was a good guy, but much like the Huang hanging around here... he knows nothing about jailbreaking iPhones...

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Things I would refer you to Huang for:
1. Bad Advice
2. A headache
3. ????
4. Broken English
5. Maybe a good laugh?

Just as a side note - In Chinese, Huang means yellow. My contractor last year was named Mr. Huang. He installed my cabinets in my kitchen... and chain smoked like a mother. He was a good guy, but much like the Huang hanging around here... he knows nothing about jailbreaking iPhones...
I like what you do in China Brian. Very cool!

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I like what you do in China Brian. Very cool!
Thanks man - I love it to. Sometimes I can't believe I get to to it. Guess it's a testament to getting into the game early before kids, debt, houses, mortgages, cars, etc come into the picture.

b0bab0i

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
i can try that for u but do u think my phone will brick
my iphone 3gs 5.0.1 and baseband 5.16.05
im on the same boat with OP
What is the first five digits of your serial?
If its earlier than week 35 of 2011, you can install iPad Baseband, you will lose GPS tho.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Huang's method does not require to install Ipad baseband. He claims ultrasn0w can unlock 05.16 baseband. So, he is safe. ;)
A certain Huang also told me he was going to refinish my cabinets too. He did not.

Thus leading me to believe that all Huangs are liars.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
A certain Huang also told me he was going to refinish my cabinets too. He did not.

Thus leading me to believe that all Huangs are liars.
I know his method doesn't work, but he keeps insisting that it is. So, we just need to shut him up with proof on this. You see my argument from the other thread. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.