Unlock for old Iphone 3G running IOS 4.2.1 with the 5.15.04 Baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jmreyes, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jmreyes macrumors newbie

Hi, not sure if it's possible, where to start and what tools to use if it is indeed possible. Anybody? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ultrasn0w currently does not support the baseband you have on your phone. However, with 3G, if your phone has bootloader 05.08, then you can downgrade your phone baseband to a lower one so it can be unlocked with Ultrasn0w. Otherwise, the only way to unlock your phone is to install Ipad baseband onto it.

Can you run your phone through Tiny Umbrella and see what bootloader it has?

3. jmreyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll go ahead with the second option and install the iPad baseband. How can i do this? Im on a windows PC by the way.

4. jmreyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Googled.

Downloaded the 4.2.1 firmware and Redsnow.

After several tries of putting the phone into DFU mode, home key is kinda defective, it finally went through and showed the pineapple loading screen. Right after "Flashing baseband, dont interrupt!" the phone restarted and it's now stuck in the apple logo.

What can i do from here? Anybody?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It might be stuck in recovery
    Try Redsn0w fix recovery

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Make sure you download Ipad 1 3.2.2 fw onto your computer. Once it is on your PC, you do not need to do anything with the file. This is for redsn0w to flash its baseband from.

Re-try again and see what you get this time. If redsn0w crashes when you select "install Cydia" & "install Ipad baseband" at the same time. Then try to do them separately. It happened to me few times and when I did try them separately, it worked fine.